Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

Another New Guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Another New Guy   Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:57 am

Hey all, checking in from lovely Massachusetts. My name is Bryan, and I've been lurking for the past couple months as a guest, doing some homework while deciding my new bike purchase. I have some off road experience from my high school days, and once I was able got on the road and haven't looked back. Recently I purchased a cruiser that just wasn't for me, and decided I need a new ride that puts a smile on my face, not a sigh of disappointment every time I see my unused bike in the garage. I traded it in last week and started the paperwork on a 2013 250R. Hopefully ill be picking it up within the next week. Once I get it home I already picked up a set of Acerbis hand guards, as I know I'll need them. Hope to bug all you folks with questions as I go, and maybe find people to ride with. Thanks for the awesome and informative site!
-bryan
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 pm

I, too had a cruiser that didn't scratch my itch. Sold it and figured two wheels weren't my thing. However, some years later my grandkid got a dirt bike and I ended up with a wr250r to tag along behind him and, wow, a whole new chapter of my life opened up. I LOVE my WR250R. I ride a trails, gravel roads and hard surface highways. Cannot imagine getting rid of it. I also throw it in the back of the truck and take it on vacation with the bride and me. When the itinerary involves something I'm not that into, I'll take the bike for a spin. gotta love it.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:50 am

Nice to hear I'm not the only one who went that route. It helps that a few years ago that about 3 minutes down the road from me is Hodges Village Dam, which has about 10 miles of singletrack. I can't wait to get out both around town and exploring wherever I can (without getting into too much trouble). As far as taking it on vacation, not so sure the wife would go for that.
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:40 am

Picked her up on Thursday afternoon. Come hell or high water (or in my case a cheap trailer and 18*), my only day off way going to be used to bring it home. Was psyched to see they threw the Moose skid plate on for me (no extra charge and a discount on it too!). I'll try to have more pics up once I get a chance to ride the thing!
-Bryan

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another New Guy   

Back to top Go down

Another New Guy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: