Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DPete

DPete

Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r Empty
PostSubject: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Eh, new skid plate came and it won't fit because the Calif. bikes have a bulging charcoal can in front just below the square tubing. I don't really want to take it off because the bike is new under warranty, probably going to mod the skid plate. Calif. owners I'm open to suggestions, if it was a used bike I'd take that crap off in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
JS5Owner

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:34 am

I would not hesitate to remove it and keep all the parts if you are worried about any issue with warranty. I don't see any repair issues where Yamaha would say you voided the warrantee by removing the "fart" can.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:53 am

That's what I did. Removed the can and kept it in the garage just in case.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:10 pm

GusinCA wrote:
That's what I did. Removed the can and kept it in the garage just in case.
What did you do with the other line ( not the tank vent line) plug it or leave it open??
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 7:37 pm

I plugged it with a bolt so it didn't suck anything in.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Charcoal wizzamacallit   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 pm

The line that connects to bottom of gas tank should be left open. It's a vent. The other should be plugged.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Going to remove it, thanks for twisting my arm  Very happy 
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:26 pm

Yes, one of them is a vent that moves out, the other is a suction hose, it's the suction hose you want to close off.

But keep all the stuff in case you need warranty service or some cop writes you a ticket for it (which has never happened to me or anyone I've known).

They've also been talking about introducing Emissions testing in CA for years, but it never gets off the ground. I used to keep my old fuel tank around for that purpose, but I threw it away a while ago. If I get that unlucky I guess I'll order one from Yamaha.
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:41 pm

Yay, no more Calif. smog and got the bash plate on. Now need to wear the new off  Very happy 

Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r 250001_zps0c93a5f3
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: lookin good!   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:49 pm

If you want one of those vent line breathable plugs things, which fits into the open line, pm your address. I bought a package of 5 and only need a couple!
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 9:06 pm

sophijo wrote:
If you want one of those vent line breathable plugs things, which fits into the open line, pm your address. I bought a package of 5 and only need a couple!
Thanks for the offer but I have a IMS tank & vented cap so all should be good, appreciate it though
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:43 pm

I need to post a pic of my skidplate, there are deep long gashes all over it.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:57 pm

GusinCA wrote:
I need to post a pic of my skid plate, there are deep long gashes all over it.
That will void your skidplate warranty for sure.
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:12 pm

This poor bike, it's treated like a trails bike. Glad I put that skidplate on the first time I bashed and crashed my way across a rock filled stream. You know when you come down hard enough on the plate to bang your teeth together that the stock protection would have been useless...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r   Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r Empty

Back to top Go down

Skid plate won't fit Calif.wr250r
Page 1 of 1