Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Changing Break Fluid Q

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Changing Break Fluid Q Empty
PostSubject: Changing Break Fluid Q   Changing Break Fluid Q EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 1:15 am

I've never changed my break fluid before. After watching multiple videos I have a Q.

#1) Some guys drain all the old fluid out, re-fill with fresh stuff from bottom with syringe, then bleed out any air.

#2) Other guys just pour fresh stuff on top of the old stuff (thru the master), pumping it thru the line until it runs out (fairly) clean from the bottom.

Seems to me #1 leaves you with cleaner fluid than #2. Is it worth the extra work?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Changing Break Fluid Q   Changing Break Fluid Q EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 am

I've done it both ways, and to me choosing one over the other depends on what has been done to the brake system as both ways have their place.

Typically, with just wanting to change the fluid and nothing else, doing it in way #2 is just fine and dandy.
Doesn't take long.

If I had the brake line disconnected for some reason and had to completely fill the system back up with fluid, I'll start with #1 to get fluid in there, and then finish off with typical bleeding, which is #2.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Changing Break Fluid Q   Changing Break Fluid Q EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

thumb 

I went with #2. Easy enough. Old stuff didn't look too bad (5yrs, 12K mi). Did the zip tie trick to lever as well. Brakes feel better.
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Changing Break Fluid Q   Changing Break Fluid Q EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 pm

If just flushing/changing fluid, suck the old fluid out of the reservoir & refill, then start pumping it through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Break Fluid Q   Changing Break Fluid Q Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing Break Fluid Q
Page 1 of 1