Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

No wheelweights on my rims

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sswrx

sswrx

No wheelweights on my rims Empty
PostSubject: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:28 am

Just wondering if anyone else's WR had no wheelweights on the rims when they bought their bike new? I'm not noticing any significant shake on the highway but I wonder if the bike would be smoother if the rims were balanced? I seriously doubt they are perfectly balanced without any weights. I've mounted lots of car tires at the shop where I work & even the high end tires & wheels need a few ounces added. My old YZF600R had wheelweights clipped in the center rib on the front & rear wheels. I'd like to hear anyones input on this topic.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 8:43 pm

No weights on my WR-250R, either.
If it's out of balance, it ain't enough to annoy me.
Since I have motocross knobbies on it and use it off-road a lot, it's not an issue for me and my WR. :)

My street bikes and my DR-Z400SM for sure get wheels balanced to a T. :)
Back to top Go down
SwiftyWRX

SwiftyWRX

PostSubject: Re: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 am

I've wondered the same thing. My X didn't come with any weights. When I had my first replacement rear tire mounted at the dealer, they crimped a spoke weight on to balance it. Honestly, I couldn't tell a difference either way. Next, I mounted a new front and rear myself and left the weight where it was and still noticed no difference. I thought about getting one of those DIY balancers but at this point it seems like it may not be needed.

Swifty
Back to top Go down
Dana44

PostSubject: Re: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Didn't have weights new, when I had 50/50 DOT tires mounted on the 17" rims they needed a very small amount on the rear to balance out.
Front balanced just fine by turning the tire on the rim to match it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 9:29 pm

No weights on my R, but I have dynabeads in it now.

PostSubject: DynaBeads?   No wheelweights on my rims EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

SheWolf wrote:
No weights on my R, but I have dynabeads in it now.

Hi, SheWolf.

Say, did you have some noticeable vibrations and the dynabeads got rid of them? What do you think of the DynaBeads overall?

Thanks ,

Artoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No wheelweights on my rims   No wheelweights on my rims Empty

Back to top Go down

No wheelweights on my rims
Page 1 of 1