Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

disconnect clutch switch....properly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Slrsedan

disconnect clutch switch....properly Empty
PostSubject: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 am

Hey all, sure its been asked heaps before, cant seem to find the appropriate post though. So, has anyone traced the wires back from the clutch lever perch and disconnected the switch properly. I don't want to connect the wires together at the bars and zip tie them on there. Want to trace the wires back to a plug if possible, remove the plug solder and heat shrink the wires, if that's possible??

Anyone that can shed some light on this job would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
slvdirtrider

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:47 am

[quote="Slrsedan"]Hey all, sure its been asked heaps before, cant seem to find the appropriate post though. So, has anyone traced the wires back from the clutch lever perch and disconnected the switch properly. I don't want to connect the wires together at the bars and zip tie them on there. Want to trace the wires back to a plug if possible, remove the plug solder and heat shrink the wires, if that's possible??

Thanks.

Yes it can be none they end up under the tank . Flow it down there and get rid of it, it makes starting going downhill really nice.
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks, will do. I was guessing there was a plug down there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
slvdirtrider

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:07 pm

Slrsedan wrote:
Thanks, will do. I was guessing there was a plug down there somewhere.

You dont even what to know whats missing off my bike, lets just say I found almost 4 lbs hiding in the wirring harness.
Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Yeah I can believe it.....got a heap of wiring these little beasts......always makes me worry a bit, but so far so good, and if you saw the state of it after last weekends ride.....crums. (about 11,000kms on mine)

Cant say it enough, these are a great bike. Riding with 3 guys in the weekend, all on 300 EXC's or XC's with full Michelin S12's.....I was on the WRR....numberplate and all!! using highway legal Michelin AC10's (took the mirror and the rear pegs of though :) they were amazed where it was going.

Just mounted up Zeta levers, the ones that hinge and are adjustable. Found in the knarly stuff on the weekend that I really wanted 2 fingers on the bars while using 2 fingers on the clutch. Been riding with a bit of racing for years and didnt even really know how many fingers I use on the clutch....had to go for a blast and , dont know why but tend to use all 4 on the road sitting, and 3 when I,m up on the pegs. With the new levers adjusted out a bit it'll be good for just clutching with 2 fingers when needed. Got the brake lever to match, pretty sweet, like them.

So what does the wire that heads out of the silicone type bung under the countershaft sprocket do??...is that the neutral sensor for the clutch switch or the neutral light on the dash???

.....if its for the clutch it could be another thing to go.....suspect its for the dash light though, def keep it if it is.

Back to top Go down
slvdirtrider

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:40 am

Slrsedan wrote:
Yeah I can believe it.....got a heap of wiring these little beasts......always makes me worry a bit, but so far so good, and if you saw the state of it after last weekends ride.....crums. (about 11,000kms on mine)

Cant say it enough, these are a great bike. Riding with 3 guys in the weekend, all on 300 EXC's or XC's with full Michelin S12's.....I was on the WRR....numberplate and all!! using highway legal Michelin AC10's (took the mirror and the rear pegs of though :) they were amazed where it was going.

Just mounted up Zeta levers, the ones that hinge and are adjustable. Found in the knarly stuff on the weekend that I really wanted 2 fingers on the bars while using 2 fingers on the clutch. Been riding with a bit of racing for years and didnt even really know how many fingers I use on the clutch....had to go for a blast and , dont know why but tend to use all 4 on the road sitting, and 3 when I,m up on the pegs. With the new levers adjusted out a bit it'll be good for just clutching with 2 fingers when needed. Got the brake lever to match, pretty sweet, like them.

So what does the wire that heads out of the silicone type bung under the countershaft sprocket do??...is that the neutral sensor for the clutch switch or the neutral light on the dash???

.....if its for the clutch it could be another thing to go.....suspect its for the dash light though, def keep it if it is.

that switch by the counter sprocket is the neutral light switch I left it there. All my other switches are gone, I made the kill switch/main switch. I relocated the fuse box under the left side cover by the battery. I have pictures but I can finger out how to post them.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Slrsedan wrote:
Hey all, sure its been asked heaps before, cant seem to find the appropriate post though. So, has anyone traced the wires back from the clutch lever perch and disconnected the switch properly. I don't want to connect the wires together at the bars and zip tie them on there. Want to trace the wires back to a plug if possible, remove the plug solder and heat shrink the wires, if that's possible??

Thanks.

Just unplug the wires at the clutch perch and hide the wiring and plunger switch behind the headlight. Done. No cutting, splicing, what have you,
Back to top Go down
Skithis

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 5:13 pm

What does the clutch switch do? disable starter until clutch is pulled if bike is in gear?
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Skithis wrote:
What does the clutch switch do?  disable starter until clutch is pulled if bike is in gear?
That's it, but only if the sidestand is also down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: disconnect clutch switch....properly   disconnect clutch switch....properly Empty

Back to top Go down

disconnect clutch switch....properly
Page 1 of 1