Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Cable Slack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
keetmanaa

Cable Slack Empty
PostSubject: Cable Slack   Cable Slack EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Anyone know how much the stock bars can be raised before having to get longer cables/electric lines?
Back to top Go down
Dmonkfunk

Dmonkfunk

Cable Slack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cable Slack   Cable Slack EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 11:12 am

I put in a 1 1/4 risers and it was tight but doable. I don't think she could take any more!

I'm getting used to them, but it feels weird. I would hang the weight on my shoulders when standing up, and now I'm kinda free floating!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
rvsixer

rvsixer

Cable Slack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cable Slack   Cable Slack EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:49 pm

It depends if your raise them up and back (i.e. with straight risers), or raise them on a vertical plane (i.e with risers that can pivot forward, so the handlebars remain vertically inline with the current handlebar clamp position).

I originally tried the simple straight 30mm spacers (that move the bar up and back), and had slack to go higher but could not find any taller risers.  Problem was I am 6'4", 36-37" arms, and with the 30mm spacers I did have a little more rise but still not enough (in addition moving the bars back was detrimental to seated comfort).

I wound up with a pivoting 2" riser, pivoted forward to maintain the stock handlebar location, combined with bars 1 1/2" higher than stock iirc (so about 3 1/4" higher total), and finally the little WR fits nicely while stand up riding (albeit with 3/4" lower footpegs).  Using all stock cables (most at the length limit, throttle cables moved to the bottom of the handlebar instead of the top).

An unanticipated bonus was with the stock seat/bars/location, my butt would HURT after about 30-40 miles, so I was looking for an aftermarket solution to that.  With the raised bars, somehow I sit differently and I can ride through a tank of gas and then some on the stock seat (yesterdays ride was 100+ miles through the beautifully blooming southern California deserts near Pioneertown), butt is fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cable Slack Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cable Slack   Cable Slack Empty

Back to top Go down

Cable Slack
Page 1 of 1