Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

input needed on pipe selection

Go down 
+2
YZEtc
gomerwr250
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gomerwr250

input needed on pipe selection  Empty
PostSubject: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:45 am

I am looking at adding a pipe and programer to my wrr. I have narrowed it down to these three could anyone who owns one of these coment on the quality of them along with power improvement. Hear are my favorites. Biggun Evo r, hmf comp. Series and fmf powercore4. Any pics or input is appreciated
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:00 pm

I've owned (and still do, today) many FMF mufflers and header pipes.
Good quality stuff and the most popular with WR-250R and WR-250X riders as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 pm

I also went with the FMF, mainly due to their reputation. Can't comment on the power increase with the pipe alone, as I did a lot of the other recommended mods at the same time. Just say I'd never want to go back with the stock setup with this bike.
Back to top Go down
LordEndo

LordEndo

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 pm

If you have switched to a 12t front sprocket and notice the difference from the 13t stock, putting the FMF pipe and Q4 with a programmer is that much change again. I'd suggest the q4 though over the power core as the Q4 is very acceptable for noise level. I don't think the performance difference between the two is much if any.

I'm super happy with my Powerbomb, Q4 and FMF programmer. Bought it off eBay as a package deal.

Back to top Go down
ajsalida

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 am

Just put an FMF Q4 + megabomb header on last couple of weeks.  Also did the PCV + autotune.  Ultimate airbox mod.  Very pleased with the results, unbelievable how strangled a stock motor is.  I did the pipe + header + PCV, then airbox mod, then autotune.  Should note none of the canned PCV maps were very close, adding the autotune was clearly doing quite a bit to adjust trims and it ran much stronger vs OTS maps.  Still working on it but it is a completely different bike now.  In fact I got pulled over by HWY patrol for speeding.  After I explained what I was doing (tuning the PCV) trooper laughed and gave me warning only.  75 in a 60.  Bike has NEVER gone 75 in its life before (I am at high altitude 7500 ft ASL).

I guess point is with the maps, you must have a way to get fuel correct, either by known maps that work for your EXACT mods, pipe airbox etc., a dyno, or something like autotune.

edit: forgot, also did AIS delete and EXUP-ectomy. The autotune requires you weld a bung in for O2 sensor, freind of mine is a talented pro welder. So had him weld it into the front of the Q4 pipe just aft of the header outlet, vertical, right in the gap next to the rear footpeg and shock. Out of the way and looks very clean.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:40 am

ajsalida wrote:
Just put an FMF Q4 + megabomb header on last couple of weeks.  Also did the PCV + autotune.  Ultimate airbox mod.  Very pleased with the results, unbelievable how strangled a stock motor is.  I did the pipe + header + PCV, then airbox mod, then autotune.  Should note none of the canned PCV maps were very close, adding the autotune was clearly doing quite a bit to adjust trims and it ran much stronger vs OTS maps.  Still working on it but it is a completely different bike now.  In fact I got pulled over by HWY patrol for speeding.  After I explained what I was doing (tuning the PCV) trooper laughed and gave me warning only.  75 in a 60.  Bike has NEVER gone 75 in its life before (I am at high altitude 7500 ft ASL).

I guess point is with the maps, you must have a way to get fuel correct, either by known maps that work for your EXACT mods, pipe airbox etc., a dyno, or something like autotune.

edit:  forgot, also did AIS delete and EXUP-ectomy.  The autotune requires you weld a bung in for O2 sensor, freind of mine is a talented pro welder.  So had him weld it into the front of the Q4 pipe just aft of the header outlet, vertical, right in the gap next to the rear footpeg and shock.  Out of the way and looks very clean.

Just curious, what A/F ratio are you using for the Autotune feature?
Back to top Go down
ajsalida

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 7:58 am

rsteiger wrote:
ajsalida wrote:

edit:  forgot, also did AIS delete and EXUP-ectomy.  The autotune requires you weld a bung in for O2 sensor, freind of mine is a talented pro welder.  So had him weld it into the front of the Q4 pipe just aft of the header outlet, vertical, right in the gap next to the rear footpeg and shock.  Out of the way and looks very clean.

Just curious, what A/F ratio are you using for the Autotune feature?

I ran a few variations and settled on 0 in the first column (recommended), 13.8 next three (20, 40, 60% throttle) , then 13.5 (80%) and 13.2 (100%) for now IIRC. I ran 13.8 across all for a while, read some more and wanted to add a bit more fuel up on larger throttle. Seemed to like it. I need to save the latest parameters and do one more adaptation ride, had maxed out trims on the last ride couple of cells.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: input needed on pipe selection    input needed on pipe selection  Empty

Back to top Go down

input needed on pipe selection
Page 1 of 1