Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What a terrible review

Go down 
+16
Biglake
66T
wankle
YZEtc
woofer2609
MeefZah
jswr450
WeAkSaUzE
theMISSIONARY
rsteiger
gatorfan
Torontorocko
4play
mollycbr123
motokid
gazelle
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rvsixer

rvsixer

What a terrible review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a terrible review   What a terrible review - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:16 am

Shall we get back to the WR review topic, and leave the anti-KTM  topes  for another thread please?
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

What a terrible review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a terrible review   What a terrible review - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:23 am

Those are all valid points.

I guess I'm coming from the perspective of someone who rides often in very cold temps, and use both a heated vest and heated gloves, as well as power for my GPS and even sometimes my iPad mini (which is the best off road mapping system in the world). So I do need a lot of extra electricity. I replace the battery every 2 years and that seems to ensure the reliability of that part of the bike.

Other than that I change the oil and filter once a season, replace the rear tire when it looks about halfway done, and that is pretty much it.

When I told the guy at the KTM dealer that the first scheduled valve check on my bike was at some ridiculous mileage (12,000 or is it 22,000?) he laughed and said "yeah, those little motors are bulletproof".

EFI is a must for me, since I ride at sea level one day and 10,000 feet the next. I do wish it had a backup starting system, but I've never had it not start, so here's hoping.

Back to the original topic, I think the review missed what the WR is all about, as perhaps many do who are looking for something with a lot more power and a lot less weight. I guess I see myself as the turtle that just keeps on going by all the rocket sled bikes on the side of the trail with their thumbs out...
Back to top Go down

What a terrible review
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2