Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Trip Meter Reading

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 am

Ok, gotta ask. After my first fillup today I zeroed both trip meters. However, I found that if you cycle through Trip 1, then 2, it went to F 5 with the number slowly increasing as I drove. After a few miles it reset itself to the bike's odometer reading.

So what exactly is the F # reading that comes after Trip 1 and 2?

Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:49 am

Eastern Beaver wrote:
Ok, gotta ask. After my first fillup today I zeroed both trip meters. However, I found that if you cycle through Trip 1, then 2, it went to F 5 with the number slowly increasing as I drove. After a few miles it reset itself to the bike's odometer reading.

The 'F' Tripmeter comes on when you are low on fuel - I forget how much fuel is left in the stock tank when it comes on. It then starts counting the miles from that point. It resets when you fill the tank up and start riding again.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 am

My "F" (low fuel light comes on, "F" ODO starts counting up) starts when there is about 1.5 gallons used up, usually around 75-80 miles for my bike.

Once the bike is full, it goes away.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 am

rsteiger wrote:
I forget how much fuel is left in the stock tank when it comes on.

1/2 a gallon left with stock tank.

I know I got about 25 miles tops before I run dry.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:26 pm

rsteiger wrote:
Eastern Beaver wrote:

The 'F' Tripmeter comes on when you are low on fuel - I forget how much fuel is left in the stock tank when it comes on.  It then starts counting the miles from that point.  It resets when you fill the tank up and start riding again.

Thanks guys! I got the bike with the low fuel light on, didn't see the F # on the dash until after I'd filled up and cycled through the odo. I'll check that feature out again some time I'm sure  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:50 am

Eastern Beaver wrote:
..with the number slowly increasing as I drove...

Let's get this straight: One drives a car, and rides a motorcycle.  Rolling Eyes 

Welcome, and glad to hear you're liking the WR. I enjoyed seeing your photos. I've made three trips to Japan, and had a great time seeing the country and meeting friendly people. One time we rented motorcycles in Sapporo and rode to the coast; it was a little disconcerting riding on the "wrong" side of the road!
Back to top Go down
Eastern Beaver

Eastern Beaver

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:52 am

grw800 wrote:
Eastern Beaver wrote:
..with the number slowly increasing as I rode...

Let's get this straight: One drives a car, and rides a motorcycle.  Rolling Eyes 

Welcome, and glad to hear you're liking the WR. I enjoyed seeing your photos. I've made three trips to Japan, and had a great time seeing the country and meeting friendly people. One time we rented motorcycles in Sapporo and rode to the coast; it was a little disconcerting riding on the "wrong" side of the road!

Ya, it's not so bad in a car since you're sitting on the wrong side, but on a bike you have to be real careful for awhile. When I go back to Canada I have to watch it, as I'm completely used to being on the 'wrong' side now.

Even worse is as a pedestrian if you want to cross a street you have to look very carefully since you're used to looking for traffic coming on the wrong side!

So, to sum up, driving on the other side is not as bad and riding on the other side, but you get used to it. A lot of little things you need to get used to here. You don't 'own' a lane for one thing and if I can needs to come over they'll expect you to get out of their way. On the other hand it's give and take as they'll often move over if they see you want to split up beside them to the light. Lane splitting is a given here and I do love that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trip Meter Reading Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip Meter Reading   Trip Meter Reading Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip Meter Reading
Page 1 of 1