Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Poncho and Lefty

Go down 
+6
DAKARma daze
Goggles Pisano
zrider
Fargo_Wolf
SheWolf
mr_mcbride
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:56 pm

BigDog completed a adventure ride on his R2.

http://bigdogadventures.com/PonchoLefty.htm

Looks like Little Dog passed with flying colors.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Damn!! eeek That would have been an incredible adventure! I'd SO love to try something like that! thumb

mr_mcbride

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Yeah, me too. But I still have to save money so that I can one day buy an R²
Back to top Go down
Fargo_Wolf

Fargo_Wolf

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:34 pm

That looked like a real neat trip. thumb
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Bigdog is my herro   Poncho and Lefty EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 am

Man, if he can do so can I. My wife keeps trying to remind me that I am 52 and my dirt bike day are over. cry I keep telling her, no they are now coming back. Very happy Its the crotch rocket days that are over. I miss exploring the desert of California, Nevada and Utah.

Bigdog, keep it up! Show me the way...
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:15 am

I'm 41, but I am really wanting to get back into trail riding. I raced motocross and supercross in my younger days and was not able to transition to trail riding due to the racing mentality. I was always looking for a place to block pass anyone in front of me and was to caught up with riding at race pace. I just wasn't able to slow down and enjoy it. But now I think I will be able to enjoy it. Especially with an R², which will handle the terrain so that I can enjoy the view.

I'd really like to capture ride reports like BigDog does, maybe video also one day.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:41 am

OH you so totally should! I'd love to be able to do that myself...once I can get away long enuf without having a whole symphony of whining me-me's caterwauling in my ear. Suspect

Goggles Pisano

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 11:06 am

I guess it's a good idea to stay the hell out of Florence, Arizona...
Back to top Go down
DAKARma daze

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:58 am

Goggles Pisano wrote:
I guess it's a good idea to stay the hell out of Florence, Arizona...

I've been through that town many times, but never on a bike. The first time we were getting gas and supplies on the main drag in our Jeeps and a cop pulled up, got out, and looked our rigs and us over real close. He never said a word to us and left. When we were there it was spring time but you really didn't see normal small town people out doing their thing or kids playing. The few people you saw were walking kinda purposefully, looking forward and down.

But It's a very cool area to explore. Martinez cabin and mine is cool and there are dirt roads for days.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Has anyone given an invite to BigDog to drop by here and hang out wid-us? freaky
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:53 pm

[quote="malibu_dan"]Has anyone given an invite to BigDog to drop by here and hang out wid-us? freaky[/quote
No I'll shoot him a PM
Back to top Go down
BigDogAdventures.com

BigDogAdventures.com

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:04 am

So glad you enjoyed the ride with Poncho and Lefty.

After riding the WR250R all day long for 8 days straight for 1,700 miles I am more in love with this bike than ever.
So fun to ride--not a race bike, but a pleasant bike to trail or adventure ride keeping the ability to tackle some pretty
tough terrain if you want.

I never wanted for anything more.
The motor is so smooth--I rode around a lot of livestock, horse riders and other animals and people out in the bush---and I
know they appreciated the super quiet WR.
Poncho and Lefty 073A%20dirtRoad
Back to top Go down
cyborg

cyborg

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty EmptySun Mar 08, 2009 3:19 am

zrider wrote:
Man, if he can do so can I. My wife keeps trying to remind me that I am 52 and my dirt bike day are over. cry I keep telling her, no they are now coming back. Very happy Its the crotch rocket days that are over. I miss exploring the desert of California, Nevada and Utah.

Bigdog, keep it up! Show me the way...

52, I'm almost there, and that's still PLENTY young to ride hard. Hell, when I ride trials comps, there's some guys there in their 70's still riding pro class. Tain't over till it's over. Bodies, like bikes, run better and with less maintenance, if you use them regularly!
freaky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Poncho and Lefty Empty
PostSubject: Re: Poncho and Lefty   Poncho and Lefty Empty

Back to top Go down

Poncho and Lefty
Page 1 of 1