Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

We just joined up. My new WR and I.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockrider

Rockrider

We just joined up. My new WR and I. Empty
PostSubject: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 9:27 am

Purchased a new left over 2012 WR250R last week. Just love the power that the 250 delivers along with the agility and light weight. Put 200 mi. on it already. Thinking about a first oil change. Dealer recommends Yamalube. I personally am a fan of Valvoline 4 stroke conventional with a Wix filter. I have heard the oil does not have the additives that can swell the clutch fibers. Any opinions? I'll be doing 50/50 street and trail. I ride some Moto Trials comp and a Harley on the street of coarse and believe this bike will add a little variety to my riding experiences. Noticed this Forum has it all. I have already used the open up the air box method to get it more air which made one hell of a difference. And tried using the codes center for CO adjustment. I feel more power with that adjustment but still have a blip when I jerk the throttle. Enough chatter. I am looking forward to things to come on this site. Later!
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:13 am

Welcome aboard Rockrider. You seem to have a range of bikes to suit almost any occasion. We will be interested to see you put your trials experience to use on the WR. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Electrojake

Electrojake

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:16 am

Rockrider wrote:
Purchased a new left over 2012 WR250R last week. Just love the power that the 250 delivers along with the agility and light weight. Put 200 mi. on it already. Thinking about a first oil change. Dealer recommends Yamalube. I personally am a fan of Valvoline 4 stroke conventional with a Wix filter. I have heard the oil does not have the additives that can swell the clutch fibers. Any opinions?

Welcome aboard Rock!
New WWR owner here too.
I'm more commuter than recreational rider but regardless, even bone-stock the WRR feels like a great ride so far.
Fortunately, on this 2014 the off-idle jerkiness I read about is not too bad at all. Plenty of power for my simple needs.

Engine oil, Air filter, Oil filter?
Everyone has their favorites, but if longevity is your goal then the short answer is to use whatever Yamaha suggests in the owner's manual.

Lots of great how-to's on this forum.
Have fun modding the new bike!
-Ej-
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:26 am

Rockrider wrote:
I have already used the open up the air box method to get it more air which made one hell of a difference. And tried using the codes center for CO adjustment. I feel more power with that adjustment but still have a blip when I jerk the throttle.
FYI: If you opened up the airbox, yet have not added a fuel programmer & exhaust, you're no doubt running quite lean.
Back to top Go down
Rockrider

Rockrider

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:54 pm

Evol wrote:
Rockrider wrote:
I have already used the open up the air box method to get it more air which made one hell of a difference. And tried using the codes center for CO adjustment. I feel more power with that adjustment but still have a blip when I jerk the throttle.
FYI: If you opened up the airbox, yet have not added a fuel programmer & exhaust, you're no doubt running quite lean.

Learning how to reply here so help me out if I am doing somthing wrong.
My reply to your quote is that I did check the spark plug and it looked great. Not white at all. Later.
Back to top Go down
Rockrider

Rockrider

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Rockrider wrote:
Purchased a new left over 2012 WR250R last week. Just love the power that the 250 delivers along with the agility and light weight. Put 200 mi. on it already. Thinking about a first oil change. Dealer recommends Yamalube. I personally am a fan of Valvoline 4 stroke conventional with a Wix filter. I have heard the oil does not have the additives that can swell the clutch fibers. Any opinions? I'll be doing 50/50 street and trail. I ride some Moto Trials comp and a Harley on the street of coarse and believe this bike will add a little variety to my riding experiences. Noticed this Forum has it all. I have already used the open up the air box method to get it more air which made one hell of a difference. And tried using the codes center for CO adjustment. I feel more power with that adjustment but still have a blip when I jerk the throttle. Enough chatter. I am looking forward to things to come on this site. Later!

saddletramp wrote:
Welcome aboard Rockrider.  You seem to have a range of bikes to suit almost any occasion.  We will  be interested to see you put your trials experience to use on the WR.  Enjoy!

Electrojake wrote:
Rockrider wrote:
Purchased a new left over 2012 WR250R last week. Just love the power that the 250 delivers along with the agility and light weight. Put 200 mi. on it already. Thinking about a first oil change. Dealer recommends Yamalube. I personally am a fan of Valvoline 4 stroke conventional with a Wix filter. I have heard the oil does not have the additives that can swell the clutch fibers. Any opinions?

Welcome aboard Rock!
New WWR owner here too.
I'm more commuter than recreational rider but regardless, even bone-stock the WRR feels like a great ride so far.
Fortunately, on this 2014 the off-idle jerkiness I read about is not too bad at all. Plenty of power for my simple needs.

Engine oil, Air filter, Oil filter?
Everyone has their favorites, but if longevity is your goal then the short answer is to use whatever Yamaha suggests in the owner's manual.

Lots of great how-to's on this forum.
Have fun modding the new bike!
-Ej-

Evol wrote:
Rockrider wrote:

Thanks for the welcome. PS: I have my old bike for sale which is a 93 350 DR (Dirt Model) I am going to post on here when I find where to post. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We just joined up. My new WR and I.   We just joined up. My new WR and I. Empty

Back to top Go down

We just joined up. My new WR and I.
Page 1 of 1