Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fuel pump problem

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
FJROB

FJROB

fuel pump problem - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Thanks to Johnkol for is excellent post. I put in a new chinese pump today using his tip. Easy peasy
Back to top Go down
keenWR

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 12:49 am

My Thanks as well Johnkol.  My WR250R pump failed over time - sometimes it would prime and start and sometimes it wouldn't regardless of temp.  Eventually it just wouldn't prime at all.  Followed your procedure and replaced it with an ebay $30 AU unit (even came with a 3 year warranty thumb ) All back together and started first crank after sitting for several months.  Thanks for you time and effort in putting together a well documented procedure.
Back to top Go down
asphaltaddict33

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyTue May 14, 2019 7:39 pm

Any update from Kemso fuel pump users after a few years? The kit for a WR is currently $26 shipped on eBay, seems too cheap to be good quality, but a few searches reveal some good reports on overall Kemso reliability. Just curious if the conditions that kill the OEM pump also wear out the Kemso.

About to install an IMS 3.1 and considering installing a Kemso at the same time, for $26 its a low risk move but dont want to disassemble the pump cage twice if these are junk
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyThu May 16, 2019 6:00 am

asphaltaddict33 wrote:
Any update from Kemso fuel pump users after a few years?

Three years and 7k miles later, and mine still works without any problems.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyMon May 20, 2019 5:31 pm

asphaltaddict33 wrote:
Any update from Kemso fuel pump users after a few years? The kit for a WR is currently $26 shipped on eBay, seems too cheap to be good quality, but a few searches reveal some good reports on overall Kemso reliability. Just curious if the conditions that kill the OEM pump also wear out the Kemso.

About to install an IMS 3.1 and considering installing a Kemso at the same time, for $26 its a low risk move but dont want to disassemble the pump cage twice if these are junk

I think you may want to follow the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" method on this.

17,000 miles on my 2012 and no fuel pump issue. A friend of mine has 55,000 miles on her WRX with no issues. As long as it works I would leave it alone. Normally the do give you indications that they are about ready to die such as no starts when hot. If you want you could always buy the pump and carry it with you but even that has some drawbacks.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyTue May 21, 2019 11:07 am

Im at 15.000miles on my 2008 model (registered a few years later tho)
Back to top Go down
MixieSTX

PostSubject: Definitive diagnostic bad fuel pump?   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Bike worked no problem, parked it for 3 weeks (ok in the sun...), no go :-(
Diagnosis done for the fuel pump issue:

- Hear a definitive click from the relay when turning the key on, no noise coming out of the fuel pump
- Engine otherwise cranks just fine (but won't fire, no fuel smell)
- Battery good, reading 12.5v at the connector to the fuel pump (battery side)
- Plugging 13v external power supply to the fuel pump connector (tank side), no noise coming out of the fuel pump
- Reading 1.09k Ohm resistance between the leads of the fuel pump connector (tank side)

Anything else I should check before purchasing a replacement pump? I'd hate to be spending that much for another problem!
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
johnkol

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 3:22 am

The fact that you cannot hear the pump priming is a strong indication that the fuel pump is dead; all the other numbers you list look good.

When you hint at the expense involved, do you mean that you plan on buying an OEM unit? If you look at a few posts up, a number of us are reporting good results with cheap replacement pumps after several years and thousands of miles of use.
Back to top Go down
MixieSTX

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 7:09 am

@johnkol thank you, I am planning on purchasing an OEM unit to get the bike running -- I read that the part number 3D7-13907-10-00 might be a fix on the often failing 00-00 OEM.
Then once the bike is back functional I will try to fix the old unit with aftermarkets components as suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel pump problem
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14