Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rushblur

Rushblur

Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Empty
PostSubject: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Does anyone use tank grip pads on their radiator shroud?

I had stomp grips on my SV650 and it changed my entire approach to riding.
My shrouds don't have the white/black/blue yamaha stickers and therefore are very slippery.

Getting ready to install these but wanted to get some suggestions before committing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TechSpec-Tank-Grip-Pad-Accessories-General-Sheets-MX-Snake-Skin-/261370934230?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdaebf3d6&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud EmptyMon May 12, 2014 2:59 pm

I have not. My whole riding style is so vastly different than my previous (also SV650S) bike. I do not grip with my knees on this bike, or lean off in turns. I tend to maintain a much more upright posture. I don't think tank pads would help or make any difference, but you may ride differently than me.

Back to top Go down
Rushblur

Rushblur

PostSubject: Re: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

dmmcd wrote:
I do not grip with my knees on this bike

I've noticed that under normal braking its nice to have a choice about if the force goes to my legs/knees, my wrists, or a share of both.
Back to top Go down
Rushblur

Rushblur

PostSubject: Re: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:14 pm

I took the plunge and installed Tech Spec Tank Grips. I'm not an speed/power freak but I definately like being in control - and that means my limbs not sliding around haphazardly.

Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1612
Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1613
Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1614
Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1615
Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1616
Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Img_1617

Tech Spec sells snake skin grip on ebay for $50 for two sheets of 7"x13".
Talked with Melissa at Tech Spec and they did $25 for just one sheet and $2 shipping.
Very happy.
Back to top Go down
zachsb3

zachsb3

PostSubject: Re: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud EmptyWed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm

i just used skateboard grip tape on my gsxr, enough to do a skate board is maybe $6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud   Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud Empty

Back to top Go down

Tank Grip Pads on your Shroud
Page 1 of 1