Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

WR250 tailbone pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Waday99

PostSubject: WR250 tailbone pain   Thu May 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello,

first post and wasn't sure under what topic to post (maybe someone can move it a better home), long time lurker, the information from which led to my choice of bike when I decided to leave the dirt exclusively and add some pavement.

I am looking for a solution to tailbone pain while doing very short (30min) rides on pavement. Never a problem on dirt for the obvious reasons, but am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve me riding around on my pegs around town.

Things I've tried:
- Coleman ATV seat cover (with middle pads cut out) over a shaved down stock seat. Worked ok for a while, but not a great solution.

-Seat Concepts seat with tailbone channel cut out. Standard height, Gripper/Carbon.

I've spent a lot of time on this site:

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com/index.php

but it seems much more focused on sportbike riding. So I am not sure how applicable the advice is for an upright posture.

Things I am considering:
- Yamalink, at 6ft and 32" inseam the height isn't really an issue, but lowering would change the seat geometry. Maybe.
- learn to ride better, put more of a bend in my monkey arms and just rest my chin on the handlebars.
- exchange my Seat Conepts seat for either firmer or softer foam..... but which way to go? or even go Carbon/Carbon for the cover
- start adapting the seat. flatter? gel pad? cut a cradle?

I've found some similar posts, and most advice is to replace the stock seat, but once thats done what is my next step?
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: WR250 tailbone pain   Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Waday99 wrote:

Things I am considering:
- Yamalink, at 6ft and 32" inseam the height isn't really an issue, but lowering would change the seat geometry.?

Is it your tailbone or "cheek" bones?

Either way, I think you should be moving in the opposite direction. The taller you sit the more soft tissue covers the bones. The more you squat the more exposed the bones.

You can feel this just sitting in a desk chair.

Also, that degree of pain might warrant an x-ray. Shouldn't hurt that much.
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: WR250 tailbone pain   Thu May 15, 2014 2:07 pm

I hurt my tailbone on my boys xr70.
I then ordered a Seat Concepts seat for the wrr and had them do the "tail bone channel".
I also got myself a pair of bicycle shorts that have padding in them.

This helped me out while I was still hurting. My tasil bone has sense healed and I no longer use the bicycle shorts.

Maybe try the bike shorts?
Back to top Go down
Waday99

PostSubject: Re: WR250 tailbone pain   Thu May 15, 2014 2:26 pm

gatorfan wrote:
s it your tailbone or "cheek" bones?

Either way, I think you should be moving in the opposite direction. The taller you sit the more soft tissue covers the bones. The more you squat the more exposed the bones.

Definitely tailbone, leaning a bit forward onto my cheek/sitting bones actually helps. An Xray might be a good idea, my problem does seem a bit unusual, everyone else seems to complain about 300km days. I barely get 30.

Gath3r13 wrote:

will wear my bike shorts on the ride to work this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
skcuf

PostSubject: Re: WR250 tailbone pain   Wed May 28, 2014 9:58 am

Waday99 wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
s it your tailbone or "cheek" bones?

Definitely tailbone, leaning a bit forward onto my cheek/sitting bones actually helps. An Xray might be a good idea, my problem does seem a bit unusual, everyone else seems to complain about 300km days. I barely get 30.

Gath3r13 wrote:

will wear my bike shorts on the ride to work this afternoon.

I've had tailbone pains since January of 2013. I think it started because my daily vehicle is an SV650S (now also a WRR) and my new job as of the middle of 2012 is a computer job where I sit all day. My tailbone hasn't been taking kindly to all the pressure and the doctor just gave me some anti inflamatory. It seems to help...sometimes...but it's not enough.

One thing I noticed that helps is correct posture. Our society is reverting back to the hunched shoulders of the caveman era and we're sticking our heads out too far. Long story short is if you pull your shoulders back and straighten your back it lifts your tailbone a bit off of the seat a bit. It seems to help in more than one area, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250 tailbone pain   

Back to top Go down

WR250 tailbone pain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1