Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Strange display

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

Strange display Empty
PostSubject: Strange display   Strange display EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Started my bike this morning, and instead of the mileage being displayed under the clock I got this:   F    0.0
Anyone know what this is? I don't want to run the bike if it's a problem.

Edit: So it seems the display goes back to this after the low fuel light comes on, (which mine wasn't). I guess from here it starts at 0.0 and counts up? Is this so we can run it dry and figure out how many miles till truly empty?
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Strange display Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange display   Strange display EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Yes, something like that. It's so you know how many miles you have ridden since the low fuel light came on. You might not notice the light when it first comes on so when you do notice it you know how many miles you have gone since it came on. The light comes on when you have approximately 1/2 gallon of fuel left so as the F mileage approaches 30 you know the o shit moment is getting near and you start cussing yourself for not stopping to fill up at the last gas station even though had only ridden 70 miles since your last fuel stop. Not a big o shit moment back here in the populated part of the world but say out west gas stations aren't quite as plentiful with 60 to 100 miles between not uncommon.
Back to top Go down
wristpin

Strange display Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange display   Strange display EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 5:34 pm

If the bike is low on gas and running and you tip it a bit it will trigger the low fuel light and the fuel trip meter will pop up. When the bike is level again the light goes out but the trip meter remains, the light usually comes on shortly thereafter when riding when the low gas levels triggers it again.

I have always been a bit weary of intentionally running the fuel system dry. Might be bad for the fuel pump on my 08. Not sure about the consequences of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange display Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange display   Strange display Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange display
Page 1 of 1