Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Sand Tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jus42

Sand Tires Empty
PostSubject: Sand Tires   Sand Tires EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Wondering if anybody has tried the Shinko 540 Mud/Sand tires listed on the motorcycle-superstore site??. I ride 70% dirt and am looking for something that suits light to moderate sand/mud. Nearly all single track and fire roads are mostly sand here ( Pine Barrens - South Jersey ) but I don't wanto to commit to a "sand tire" Any suggestions other than what's listed? The stock TW's are garbage in the sand!!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Sand Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Tires   Sand Tires EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:18 pm

As with the Shinko sportbike tires, these tires look like they're basically old Yokohama tires from 20 years ago.
I heard that Shinko bought the tire molds from Yokohama and are producing them under their own name.

I used the Yokohama version of these tires in the late 1980s.
Nothing extremely fantastically wonderful if compared to a top-quality Bridgestone, Dunlop, Michelin, etc., but they'll be mucho better than the stock street-biased tires off road. :)
Back to top Go down

Sand Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Tires   Sand Tires EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:20 pm

I think it would be hard to find a "soft terrain" tire that is DOT approved but I really dont know. I would have to say try the Dunlop 606's and see how it goes. Tires are cheap anyway, and they dont last real long either! Sand Tires 9356
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sand Tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sand Tires   Sand Tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand Tires
Page 1 of 1