Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.

Go down 
+2
GusinCA
Delta_T
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta_T

Delta_T

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. Empty
PostSubject: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 12:19 pm

I have just sold my WR250X. I will miss my little buddy. It has been an awesome bike but it was time to move on.
I will be upgrading to a FZ-07. No live pictures yet. I still have to order one.

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. 2015_MT-07_MNM3_CA_3

Thank you for letting me be part of this community. It has been a pleasure. Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. Chinese-bow-005
Back to top Go down
GusinCA

GusinCA

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 2:26 pm

Yamaha makes the best products out there. I have 4, a boat, the WR, a Rhino, and my daughter's bike. Every single one completely reliable.

I can't wait to see them come out with electric motorcycles.

Enjoy! But I'll bet you'll miss the simple little WR... :)
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:39 pm

You're right, you can't go wrong with Japanese and Yamaha probably tops that list. I have a snowmobile, ATV, Mini hifi, receiver, DVD player, bluetooth speaker, guitar and a drum set, outboard motor and a generator (which I just sold too). I was even seriously considering a Volvo XC-90, just because the V8 is built by Yamaha lol.

Too bad Yamaha limits itself to only producing Pianos, Organs, Synthesizers/Samplers, Portable keyboards, Silent instruments, Guitars, Basses, Percussion instruments, Brass instruments, Woodwind instruments, Violins, Saxophones, Audio Music production recorders and interfaces, Pro audio consoles, mixers and monitors, Microphones, Home computers, Home appliances, Industrial robots, Optical disc drives, Routers, Semiconductors (Sound and video chips), Motorcycles, Scooters, Electrically power assisted bicycles, Boats, Sail boats, Personal water crafts, Pools, Utility boats, Fishing boats, Outboard motors, 4-wheel ATVs, Recreational off-highway vehicles, Racing kart engines, Golf cars, Multi-purpose engines, Generators, Water pumps, Snowmobiles, Small-sized snow throwers, Automobile engines, Surface mounters, Intelligent machinery, Industrial-use unmanned helicopters, Electrical power units for wheelchairs and helmets and parts, apparel accessories.
I would seriously consider other products from them if they only made them  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Delta_T on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:21 pm

LOL. Love the last part. Best of luck with the new bike!
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Good luck with the new ride. I'll be upgrading soon too. Too cheap to get off the wallet at the moment. Also, hate to part with the R2.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 pm

Yamaha is one of my favorites especially from a reliability standpoint. I really like kawi motors too though. :P
Honda on the other hand, these new made in Thailand bikes bother me and in any given category they usually underwhelm me both in performance and price lol.
Back to top Go down
Slideways

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Delta_T wrote:
I have just sold my WR250X. I will miss my little buddy. It has been an awesome bike but it was time to move on.
I will be upgrading to a FZ-07. No live pictures yet. I still have to order one.

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. 2015_MT-07_MNM3_CA_3

Thank you for letting me be part of this community. It has been a pleasure. Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. Chinese-bow-005

Everybody has posted multiple wheeled and electronic products they own but nobody mentioned they own a Yamaha Saxophone..... Oh wait, I do!

Was tempted by the FZ-09 as buddies who own them like them very much. I can understand your move to the FZ-05 as it is tempting me even more then the FZ-09 has. Add a rply to this thread and let us know how it compares once you've got some miles on it.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:40 pm

I picked it up Thursday last week and I can't praise it enough. I'm blown away, what a machine. Light, nimble, powerful (Torque baby!) It's due for service this week because I am close to 1000km already. It's a blast. This one tops my list of bikes I've owned, not because it's my most recent one but because it's exactly what a motorcycle should be, pure fun.

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. IMG_0897

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. IMG_0898
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:03 pm

How do you find that seating position? The bars seem about 1/2 way between sport and standard.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 7:08 pm

Surprisingly standard. I'm not a fan of a sporty seating position. I am sitting pretty upright, somewhat further back then on the WR. But the bike is narrow where your legs go.
The seat is less comfortable then expected. But coming from the WR I can't complain. It get wider at the back and you can move around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.   Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen. Empty

Back to top Go down

Farewell, goodbye and auf wiedersehen.
Page 1 of 1