Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Newbie here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishertodd

fishertodd

Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Newbie here    Newbie here  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 2:56 am

Greetings from Vancouver, Canada.
This forum is great and very informative!
I have been riding my 1988 Honda CBR 600 Hurricane street bike for years now and just wrapped the odometer. I have never owned a dirt bike but I am looking at purchasing a new 2014 WR250R for the pure fun factor.
Newbie questions....
What mods would I need for 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear clutch up wheelies?
Is it all technique? The usual performance mods? (Q4 pipe, megabomb header, programmer, open airbox and sprockets) or a combination of the two?
I guess I should probably keep it stock until I break in the engine? How is that done and how long does it take?
Sorry for all the questions but I am excited to join the dual sport biking community^^

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here    Newbie here  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Hey, Im North of you, I just traded my HD in on one, 2014, great little bike, Im trying to get 500km on mine before I do anything to drastic, no matter what you do you wont get mind boggling torq. you can change the gearing, maybe to a 13 front and a 50 plus or minus rear, that would help get the front tire in the air, they sure are fun to ride, pretty peppy for a 250cc, have fun cheer`s
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here    Newbie here  EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 4:13 pm

I'd do what most do with mods to the WR-250R or X:

FMF Q4 muffler and one of their header pipes.
Fuel programmer.
Remove the airbox flapper.
Get rid of the AIS.
And, if you want wheelies, a much larger rear sprocket.

The WR-250R comes stock with a 13-tooth front sprocket and a 43-tooth rear sprocket.
That's very tall and just fine for lots of open road riding like on an Interstate highway, not that I ever felt riding Interstates on my WR-250R or WR-250X was great fun.
I'd go with at least a 48-tooth rear sprocket, and, really, more like 50-tooth if I were planning on a'poppin' wheelies like mad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie here  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie here    Newbie here  Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie here
Page 1 of 1