Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Clutch occasionally makes sounds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

Clutch occasionally makes sounds Empty
PostSubject: Clutch occasionally makes sounds   Clutch occasionally makes sounds EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 10:56 am

Sometimes when I'm off-roading or wheelying, basically treating my clutch a bit rough, it'll make a squeaky/whiny noise. It only happens just before the clutch is fully engaged, and only under heavy load. I'm not 100 percent sure, but it might've started after I last changed oil and oil filter.
The oil I use is 10/40 fully synthetic Yamalube. I last changed it a few weeks ago, and I used 1 liter of brand new oil, and 0,4 liters of the oil of an opened bottle that I bought around February. The shape of the bottles were different, but the oil was the same, as far as I know.
The bike has got about 14,000 km on it. That's about 8700 miles.

So, is there any cause for concern? Is it time to change the clutch plates, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Clutch occasionally makes sounds   Clutch occasionally makes sounds EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 9:41 pm

I wouldnt worry about it, I've heard lots of bikes do it when you abuse the clutch.

If it bugs you changing the clutch disk will stop it for a while.
Back to top Go down
Cutthroat Bill

Cutthroat Bill

PostSubject: Re: Clutch occasionally makes sounds   Clutch occasionally makes sounds EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:05 am

Nah, it doesn't bother me as long as it's not a serious problem. Thanks, buddy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch occasionally makes sounds   Clutch occasionally makes sounds Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch occasionally makes sounds
Page 1 of 1