Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New rider here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mumixam

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: New rider here   New rider here EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Never ridden a motorcycle before i took my msf basic class a month ago. Bought a 08 wr250x with 8k miles on it and borrowed families trailer to bring it home. Initially it was stressful learning to ride it around the neighborhood to better learn to shift and turn and brake and coordinate all that fun stuff that there wasnt nearly enough practice time on with the msf trainers. Eventually my gas light came on and i was faced with a choice, ride it to the damn gas station 2 miles away or go buy gas in a gas can... Im glad i chose to ride the bike, 4 right turns later im at a gas pump and filling it up for the first time ever.

10 bucks to fill it up

ha

hahahahahaha
hahahaha

Been riding around all over ever since, great feeling once u have the basics mastered enough where you can reliably start and get around without worrying about screwing something up. Its like a whole new world, love it!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rider here   New rider here EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:10 pm

Great feeling, and have fun.
Also, I remember when $1.38 would have filled the tank, and people often asked for $5 worth of gas for their cars as you could actually go places with that. :)
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rider here   New rider here EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Excellent first step taking the MSF course.  If you want to extend your learning curve while getting more riding experience, there are a number of excellent books out there.  Some of them are actually fun to read, too.  A riding buddy of mine is a long time MSF instructor, and even though I've been riding for 40+ yrs, I still learn something from him just about every time we ride together.  It may be something small, or something I've just never thought of, but I always like to keep learning.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rider here   New rider here EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Enjoy.

BTW, you probably have 30 miles left after the fuel light comes on.
Back to top Go down
mumixam

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rider here   New rider here EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 pm

mollycbr123 wrote:
Excellent first step taking the MSF course.  If you want to extend your learning curve while getting more riding experience, there are a number of excellent books out there.  Some of them are actually fun to read, too.  A riding buddy of mine is a long time MSF instructor, and even though I've been riding for 40+ yrs, I still learn something from him just about every time we ride together.  It may be something small, or something I've just never thought of, but I always like to keep learning.

What are some good books?

I normally read fiction sci-fi / fantasy / medieval stuff so not sure how well ill get through something like that but ill definitely check some out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New rider here Empty
PostSubject: Re: New rider here   New rider here Empty

Back to top Go down

New rider here
Page 1 of 1