Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Aussie Member

Go down 
+2
SpiritWolf15
rpo83
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rpo83

rpo83

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Hi All,

I followed the link from ADV to get here, this website is a great idea. Thanks to those who initiated it.

I don't own an R² yet, but i sold my R1150GS Adventure on the weekend, so the shopping is soon to begin.

I plan on buying one in a couple of months, there won't be much riding where i live in Melbourne due to the tragic bushfires that have hit this area recently.

I am getting a ton of negative reaction from mates who own big bore thumpers, as i have also typically owned big bikes.

Everyting i read about this bike, screams "BUY ME" to me, the recuring word i keep hearing from owners is FUN..... and that is what i'm looking for.

Cheers

Steve
Back to top Go down
SpiritWolf15

SpiritWolf15

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Welcome to the forum, when you do get around to buying a WR, you'll find that the bike is an amazing little powerhouse (I don't own one myself, but I have taken one for a test ride, had a buddy's on loan for a week too).

I hope you are not anywhere near the fires. I hope they can be brought under control soon before the death toll grows.

Again, welcome to the forums.

-Tibarus
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:48 pm

Thanks Tibarus,

I need to organise a test ride..

Unfortunately, i live in a high risk bushfire area, Kalorama.

We were very lucky on Saturday, the winds were gusting at 100kph and the temp was 46.4 Celcius

I am about 20k from the fires, but things seem to have settled down today with much milder weather.

This is going to get a lot worse, there are still whole towns that the forensic people haven't got to yet. And the fires are still going in vast native forrests, so some bad winds could wreak havok.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:10 am

Hey RPO...good to have you in the pack, mate! I would have loved to have been part of the crew that got sent your way to help with that; unfortunately I found out a month too late this was even in the works. GAHHHH I fight bush fires here where I am and yeah...it's bloody scary to say the least. Hopefully you aren't getting too badly smoked out over there.

Louisbiker

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:40 am

wow, it's a small world.

My sister lives in Kalorama. They where all ready to leave, packed up... seems to have change direction.

All a big worrying.

I hope it stays away from you guys!
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 am

Hi,

Small world......

I think the whole Dandenong Ranges were extremely lucky.

As we have seen over the past couple of tragic days, the speed and ferocity of the fires was extreme.

I went to my parents place in Mount Dandenong, just in case i need to inspire them to leave. Didn't want a couple of 70 year olds debating if it was time to go...

I look back now and realise just how lucky we were, i don't think many would have escaped with their lives, we would have been looking at death toll in the 1,000's. I for one have changed my opinion of what is safe and what is not. Anytime the winds are like that again, i'm out of there. I have a fire shelter on my property, i wouldn't use it i would simply leave.

Onto happier subjects, how are you enjoying your R2. I see you have a white one droooool
Back to top Go down
Louisbiker

Louisbiker

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:29 am

Yeah, love the white one. Had to have it!

I've done about
2000kms in about a month. Did a 600km day ride. It was a hell of a day,
had a pretty sore arse, but at least i know that i can do that mileage
in a day if i want.

Just NEED a bigger tank and some luggage. 200kms in not enough. the 14litre Safari Tank will be fantastic.

I've got a Wolfman Enduro Tank bag on the way and a Peak Tail Bak as well.

HAPPY DAYS!!! Very happy

Probably moving down to Melb later this year... hopefully.
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:52 am

Well after a long wait, today i have just bought a White 250R New Aussie Member 379944

It was complianced in Australia 11/2007 so it is one of the first to arrive here. Vin 000114. It has a few marks, but only 1,800Klm and it is as stock as a rock except for the tires.

I pick it up Saturday, and have a Safari tank, B&B bash guard and Force radiator guard on order.

I have been trying to catch up on what changes i need to make. I have ordered a speedohealer and i am debating gearing now.

I'll post some pics when i drag her home on Saturday.

New Aussie Member 93746 New Aussie Member 525406 New Aussie Member 500735 New Aussie Member 525406
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:24 am

Welcome, HI!

*took yeah awhile, but ya got one!!! cheers New Aussie Member 500735
Back to top Go down
rpo83

rpo83

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 9:07 am

I couldn't wait for the weekend, so i left work early and picked her up tonight.

Here she is still in the back of my ute

New Aussie Member SDIM1471

And here she is resting before the mods begin

New Aussie Member SDIM1484

Tomorrow, she gets stripped down so i can see exactly what i have bought.

Barkbusters will be fitted and the force radiator guard will also go on. The B&B bashplate and Safari Tank are due to arrive the end of next week New Aussie Member 93746

Last edited by rpo83 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:51 am

Nice bike and nice ute. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Aussie Member Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aussie Member   New Aussie Member Empty

Back to top Go down

New Aussie Member
Page 1 of 1