Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

timing chain tensioner removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krispy

Krispy

timing chain tensioner removal Empty
PostSubject: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 am

hi guys, currently doing valve adjustment, wondering the easiest way to remove the tensioner?

i have removed the front half of the exhaust, i have cracked both bolts, does the starter motor need to come out?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Grsmnky78

Grsmnky78

PostSubject: Re: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 pm

I pulled the starter on mine. It did not look like there is any way to remove the tensioner without moving the starter. I could be wrong. Are your valves out of adjustment? You can check them without having to mess with the tensioner. Compressing the tensioner back in is kind of a pain in the ass. Take your time and you'll get it. Also on mine it never looked like the timing marks line up %100 when you release the tensioner. They look off just a tiny little bit. Hope this helps. Maybe a few other people have some advise too!
Back to top Go down
66T

66T

PostSubject: Re: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:16 am

Grsmnky78 wrote:
It did not look like there is any way to remove the tensioner without moving the starter.

I think that's true. I've bought a Krieger manual tensioner which I've yet to fit, but the the instructions are clear, and say the s/m has to be unbolted. Not a deal, really.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 5:27 am

Yo yo yo....pictures of all this would be AWESOME !!!!

And very much appreciated.

thumb 

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
morgan9283

PostSubject: Re: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

motokid wrote:
Yo yo yo....pictures of all this would be AWESOME !!!!

And very much appreciated.

thumb 

+1

-morgan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: timing chain tensioner removal   timing chain tensioner removal Empty

Back to top Go down

timing chain tensioner removal
Page 1 of 1