Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Turn signal question for you guys.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Thethirteenthone

Turn signal question for you guys. Empty
PostSubject: Turn signal question for you guys.   Turn signal question for you guys. EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 4:01 pm

So, bought a previously loved tail section for my 2013 WR/r. I've wanted to tidy up the tail section for a bit, but retain the stock tail light. I have cut it down to how I want it to look, and figured out the brake light and plate light. My issue is the turn signals. I bought some small but legal ones that I want to use, but just noticed that the stock turn signals only have 2 wires, and the ones I bought have three (maybe dual filament?, haven't checked), any thoughts on why they'd have three wires, and if so how to test if just two can be used without causing any issues? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal question for you guys.   Turn signal question for you guys. EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Running lights and turn signals combined.

Find the two wires that work as turn signals.
Decide what to do with the third wire. Cut it back. Tape it. Cap it. Tuck it.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Thethirteenthone

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal question for you guys.   Turn signal question for you guys. EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Cool, that's what I figured, but didn't know if leaving the 3rd wire unconnected would cause anything. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn signal question for you guys.   Turn signal question for you guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Turn signal question for you guys.
Page 1 of 1