Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!

Go down 
+3
Jäger
YZEtc
rsteiger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
rsteiger

rsteiger

Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! Empty
PostSubject: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Saw this little blurb this morning:

http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-agents-raid-home-to-seize-land-rover-for-violation-of-epa-regulations/

As part of its mission to “protect the Homeland,” the DHS has been busy seizing imported vehicles that don’t comply with safety and CO2 regulations.

Jennifer and Bill Brinkley were satisfied that their $60,000 dollar purchase of a Land Rover Defender on eBay complied with regulations because it fell into the exemption category of a vehicle 25 years or older.

However, when DHS agents turned up at the property, they compared the car’s Vehicle Identification Number to a list and immediately seized the Land Rover. The couple were not given “a chance to debate the issue.”

WBTV’s Steve Ohnesorge said DHS agents conducted “almost like a raid to get the car.”

“it’s just unnerving the way they did it,” said Bill Brinkley.

The feds have given the Brinkley’s 35 days to appeal the seizure but refuse to tell them where the vehicle is located. The DHS has also failed to respond to media requests about the incident.

Well after seeing some black SUV's go up and down my street I decided to put my stock exhaust back on!

Well not really. I put it back in since I would like to see how much I notice the difference with the stock motor after playing around with lots of bits. Still have the PCV setup and I am loading their stock intake and stock exhaust setup and will also play around with leaving the PCV disconnected.

Call me dumb.. but what the hell it still is a fun little bike!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm

That's because everyone can be a terrorist.
Someday, you can be one for not paying your breathing tax.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 12:05 am

YZEtc wrote:
That's because everyone can be a terrorist.
Someday, you can be one for not paying your breathing tax.

Right now we're pretty much in a post-Constitutional America.  Somebody's got a phone and a pen, and we don't need no stinkin' Congress to make, change, and nullify legislation.  The rule of law is pretty much gone.

The excesses of the EPA didn't start anytime recently, but they're certainly on afterburner right now.  Playing Catch Me If You Can...

We have tens of thousands of illegal aliens pouring across the border.  An ICE guy over on ADV was just writing about the situation, with them being ordered by the Prez NOT to enforce immigration laws.  And BP is mostly just doing paperwork as illegals flood across the border and run towards - not away from - the nearest BP officer.  The White House is sending smoke screens about an "executive order" giving something like 5 million legals by way of a presidential work visa.  Don't expect the RINO Republicans controlling the party in the Senate and the House to do anything about it.

So all of that said, questions about why DHS isn't at least doing something useful "protecting the Homeland" like protecting the border from the mass of illegal aliens instead of seizing old cars are pretty much misplaced.  DHS isn't on the border because the Prez and Congress's leaders don't WANT them on the border.  All are okay with the invasion, although for very different reasons.

And even if they aren't terrorists, there's more than enough MS-13 gang members in the flood to give us more than our fair share of grief.  You'd think DHS would find violent gang members like MS-13 to be a more worthy objective to "protect the Homeland" against, but apparently a couple with an old Land Rover is more comfortable to deal with.
Back to top Go down
SLOWRIDER

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:50 am

Hello Jager,

You are right on the money!

How the King...I mean president got elected in the first place with zero qualifications??? He never ran a company or was a general in the military.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:
Hello Jager,

You are right on the money!

How the King...I mean president got elected in the first place with zero qualifications??? He never ran a company or was a general in the military.  

Come on now.. He was a Community Organizer!

What is a community Organizer? Good question!

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities." - Sarah Palin
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 6:42 pm

jager .... you see this >> Boy Scouts

Boy Scouts detained in your neck of the woods. The Southern Border is wide open but Boy Scouts going to the Great White North ....
Back to top Go down
sophijo

PostSubject: Motos Brothers; Motos   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Here we go..........................
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:12 am

gatorfan wrote:
jager .... you see this >> Boy Scouts

Boy Scouts detained in your neck of the woods. The Southern Border is wide open but Boy Scouts going to the Great White North ....

Well, that's kind of interesting.  Of course, in this incident, numerous cars stuffed with SWAT-dressed DHS types weren't involved to take down an evil marital conspiracy to import some apparently non-compliant 20+ year old vehicle.  (my brother works on/with Brit Land Rovers every day, and in his opinion DHS did that couple a favour).  Just a couple of Border Patrol guys involved here - bored, I guess.  When you don't have any illegal immigrants to babysit and fill paperwork out for while helping to link up with their other illegal immigrant relatives already in the country, you do the best you can with what you got.

I wonder what they'd do if they caught you importing an old Triumph or Manx?  I mean... think of the overwhelming risk to the environment from such motorcycles.  Thank God for the EPA to save us from such cataclysmic disasters!

Funny about the "no pictures" thing.  I see that on the doors to their office at the border, but I don't see it at the booths where you drive in.  I also see ADV types heading through to Going To The Sun, Banff the other way, etc with their Hero cams and whatnot mounted on their bikes and helmets.  I've never seen a Border Patrol guy come aboard those people for those video cameras, so you have to wonder WTF about that kind of a response to a Boy Scout.

But yeah, thank God they clearly have the Northern border secured - them Canadian illegal aliens would have us just swamped by now if we didn't keep them in check.  Michigan would be awash in Hosers, hiding in the shadows by standing in the middle of the road by the Town Pump holding up a cardboard sign saying "Laborer".  Tray of poutine in the other hand...

The southern border?  What'cha talking about man... there is no such thing as a southern border.  Dried up and blew away about January 2009 - it was a tough winter down there, apparently.

I wonder how long this flood of illegal immigrants would continue if we released them instead at... say... Martha's Vineyard and Ted Turner's place out in Montana.  Near the Kennedy, Bloomberg, etc family compounds.  In Pelosi's neighborhood - she said she'd love to give them all homes.  Chris Christie and Jeb Bush's place.  In Aspen and Vail.  The San Juan Islands.  You know... all those cute kids they're telling us about with their teddy bears.  Along with the MS-13 gang tattoos and tuberculosis that they're not telling us about.  Wonder how long we'd still have this going on.

You were right back then, BTW, and I was wrong.  The system IS broken. Irretrievably. 

I can't even figure out why the result of nullifying immigration law and refusing to deport illegal workers is supposedly an "Immigration Reform" problem.  A "lack of enforcement" problem, certainly.  "Bad election choices", probably.  But an "immigration problem"?  Really?

In somewhat related news to the OP's thread title, I'm seeing noise measuring equipment beside the road at the entrance to Glacier this year on my weekly rides up to the Big Drift and back (weather permitting).  No ranger or squad of DHS agents standing there waggling fingers or doing high risk tactical team take downs of Harley riders with loud pipes (they're already all practiced up for it doing Land Rover dynamic seizures).  Not even a decibel readout.  Just a light bar with graduating colors right up to red.  My WRR could barely move the thing.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 am

sophijo wrote:
Here we go they come..........................

Fixed that for ya...  Fairly happy I don't have any kids or grandkids that will be sharing school space and air with these "kids" this September.  Aside from the pleasure and positive role modelling to be gained getting an education in the company of criminals with no appreciation for the rule of law, but an overwhelming appreciation for the rule of entitlements and living life dependent on government handouts and freebees.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 pm

Found this on the noise monitoring in Glacier National Park:

Sun Road Noise Study Begins
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 3:19 pm

jager, I'm hiking Boulder Pass mid-September--- sans 20 lbs of camera equipment!

Kintla>Bolder Pass>Lake Francis>Bowman

A nice steak and coldin' at the Northern Lights Saloon should I emerge unscathed.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:27 am

gatorfan wrote:
jager, I'm hiking Boulder Pass mid-September--- sans 20 lbs of camera equipment!

Kintla>Bolder Pass>Lake Francis>Bowman

Nice...  So... you're only going to be out for a couple of days then?

Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! Imgp9610

Bring the WRR... lots of great dual sporting with great views just within a few minutes of those trails.  And you're more than welcome to hang out at our place before and after you go - we're only about 15 minutes or so west of the park gate.  Let us know if you'd like to drop in and a general idea of when you're arriving.

If you're looking for company on the trail, I might even tag along with you.  Hard choices however... the middle of September is absolutely the best, most primo, most orgasmic dry fly west slope cutty fishing to be had.  Doesn't matter where you go: the Flathead, the Elk, the St Maries, the Skookumchuck, the Bull.  Lots and lots of greedy 19" cutties, fat like footballs, that will attack anything floating overhead that looks remotely like it might be food.  And of course elk and bighorn season is also open at that time as well, so backpacking instead... I dunno.

Quote :
A nice steak and coldin' at the Northern Lights Saloon should I emerge unscathed.

Ya might want to take a gun along with the bear condiments... guy last Sunday shot a grizz after the bear spray didn't stop it.  Didn't kill the bear, but he did wound it and the rangers have been looking for it ever since.  Funny thing... some people are pissed at him that particular trail is closed because of the wounded bear.  I guess they'd have felt better about it if he'd just gave up when the bear spray didn't work and let it chew him up a little.  If you're a little light in that department, and know how to use one, I can lend you a bear wrench when you hit town.

http://flatheadbeacon.com/2014/07/26/hiker-shoots-bear-glacier-park/

Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever eaten in the Lights.  Drank there at commercial hockey parties.  Otherwise.. too damned noisy.  Bulldogs is nice.  Point of Rocks... nice, bestest prime rib to be had.  Moose's has soaked up more than a few of my dollars.  The Blue Moon is good until they start playing the country critter shyte.  I'm frequently told there's some even better pubs/steak houses in Columbia Falls, but I've never thought to go in search of them and check them out.

Anyways, you should have a great trip.  Bring that WRR if you can, lots of day trippin' mountain riding to be had.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:24 pm

Well back to your regularly scheduled programming...

So I did put the stock exhaust back on the bike and had intended to also put the PAIR and EXUP systems back in place... but after I installed the muffler I found a fuel map for a WRR with the stock air box and Exhaust on the Power Commander Webpage. So I took the quick route and loaded that into the PCV.

First impressions were, damn this is a fun little bike! It is interesting after riding it for about a year with the GSXR can on it how much low end torque I lost. Then again I also was running 13/48 for most of that and recently switched to 14/50. I can definitely feel the loss on the high end though. One section of flat seldom traveled or patrolled road not far from my home is like my big Dyno. Best I can tell is that I lost about 4 to 5 mph on my top speed.

I think I will leave it like this for a bit and may even put the EXUP and PAIR systems back in place and remove the PCV for shits and giggles.

No more black SUV's cruising my street anymore. I think they are looking for the terrorists who smuggle in Rovers to this country now.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:42 pm

rsteiger wrote:
So I did put the stock exhaust back on the bike and had intended to also put the PAIR and EXUP systems back in place... but after I installed the muffler I found a fuel map for a WRR with the stock air box and Exhaust on the Power Commander Webpage.  So I took the quick route and loaded that into the PCV.

First impressions were, damn this is a fun little bike!  It is interesting after riding it for about a year with the GSXR can on it how much low end torque I lost.

Is that GSXR or GYTR?  I don't follow the flavours of aftermarket pipes much, as I suspect for my kind of wander the mountains type riding, a new pipe probably wouldn't do anything positive, might even be negative, and would almost probably be noisier.  I like quiet.  If they could make a hypothetical WRR that was electric, got the same range on a charge as on a tank, and could be recharged as easily and as quickly, I'd be fighting to be first in line to buy one.

I was just reading some of Big Dogs ADV stuff.  Guy probably has more miles of ADV type rides, year in and year out, than anybody.  Has made some comments a couple of times that he doesn't want the extra noise for what he feels is little or no extra performance.  Horses for courses, naturally, but it reminds me when reading your post how many people exclaim that it is a pretty fun bike without any aftermarket pipes, programmers, etc.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 12:27 am

I was using a can from a GSXR 1000 on my WRR. Just so happens that a Two Brothers Midpipe makes the whole thing work. This mod is very popular with the DR650 guys.

The reason I went with the GSXR can versus the standard aftermarket was the noise level. The GSXR is still a little bit louder than stock and the note is a little deeper. On a DR650 the GSXR can flows at least as good as the performance stuff and that was my experience on the WRR as well. My dyno results mirrored what guys were getting with FMF, GTYR, and others.

But most of the power was on the top end. I can say I have more low end now than I did before which probably is better for the type of riding I really do versus the type of riding I think I do.

I think Big Dog has a valid point. I have played around with tuning a few bikes but in the end I tend to always like the simplicity and reliability of the stock setup.

I will say it again.. it is a fun little bike!
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 12:38 pm

SLOWRIDER wrote:

That's an easy one to answer, 2 terms of Bush is what paved the way for that to happen. We are ending our 2 terms of Dem, the next election will put a Rep in office. Dem or Rep...nothing is going to change, both party's have their own agenda's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!   Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hide your Aftermarket Pipes in the US!
Page 1 of 1