Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

where to put the FMF PP?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lgyee4

where to put the FMF PP? Empty
PostSubject: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:28 am

So I have it connected now and set. My question is where have you guys been stashing it? under the seat somewhere?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 am

Yep. Many put it under the seat and use the hole in the "snorkel" where the flapper solenoid used to be for zip ties. Velcro to snorkel, and/or zip tie it in place. (assuming you've gutted the AIS and flapper crap from under the seat)

Some people do have it mounted to handlebar or triple tree so they can see it and make changes to it easier.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
lgyee4

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:14 pm

motokid wrote:
Yep. Many put it under the seat and use the hole in the "snorkel" where the flapper solenoid used to be for zip ties. Velcro to snorkel, and/or zip tie it in place. (assuming you've gutted the AIS and flapper crap from under the seat)
..I haven't done the flapper removal.
Anywhere else in the come to mind?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:29 pm

YOU HAVEN'T DONE THE FLAPPER MOD ????????????  amazon amazon amazon 

Hmmm..... Is there space up near the ECU doo-dad?

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 12:40 pm

slide it under the rubber battery strap.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 1:26 pm

mollycbr123 wrote:
slide it under the rubber battery strap.

That's where mine was originally. I zip tied it to the upper triple clamp so I can see the purdy lights while I ride.  Very happy 
Back to top Go down
lgyee4

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm

OK got it under the battery strap.
Airbox mod next.
Although, just adding more fuel has made the bike run so much better. I like that I can ride it slow now wings 
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? EmptySat Aug 16, 2014 9:42 pm

I've mounted mine inside the actual airbox itself with no drama's or ill effects to airflow etc.

The air flapped valve is held in the fully open position by simply placing a small ball bearing into the vacume line. ( So everything is still bolted in place and the vacume line is still connected ).

I've also "opened up" the air box by simply drilling a 2 inch holesaw thru the airbox door, and then applying a frogzkin patch. Works all good for my needs, and without the excess induction noise that some airbox mods produce. This method of increasing air flow may not be suitable for those that do deep water crossings.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where to put the FMF PP?   where to put the FMF PP? Empty

Back to top Go down

where to put the FMF PP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Pipes 'n Programmers-
Jump to: