Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lancek

PostSubject: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:22 am

Hi guys had a great 4 hours this morning - jumping and sliding - learning on both accounts and having a ball - confidence going through the roof until I dropped it. Now the side of my body is marked along with my bike - time stood still as I slid along the rocky track - just thinking how well quality safety gear works when it has too!

Anyway - up shot is plastics on one side look like crapola... not sure replacing the stickers would be enough but thats just looks. I did bend the handle bars though - a fair way too - so a new set are in order - any good reccomendations out there. The bark busters did a wonderful job but the plastics are munched - again will continue to do a wonderful job in the future.

I have the black frame - anything good to use for the light scratches?

cant wait till new bits are on and back into it!

Cheers
Lance
Back to top Go down
mwakey

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 am

If you want the paint the factory uses you need to go here and use their paint wizard for the right color...

http://www.colorrite.com/

Problem is, shipping is a bitch as far as chemicals goes. It'll cost you a fortune. Best to see if your local dealer has the right color in stock. Otherwise, I would go for maybe some Krylon Fusion saitn black paint. It seems to be a close match to the frame color.
Back to top Go down
lancek

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:43 am

Thanks mwakey - thats the same paint I am going to use on the plastic stock exahust guard...

Does anyone have a listing of the screw/bolt types on the WR and what to replace them with - the phillips head screws on the clamps to stuff on the handle bars are amazingly soft so looking at replacing the bolts to make maintenance easier.

• Looking at the following for starters (alan key would be prefered)

• Throttle body clamp

• Indicator/lights body clamp

• Ignition clamp

• Airbox bolt

• Seat bolts

Back to top Go down
WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:07 am

I broke my side cover GAHHHH (the coolant bottle side) off at the lower mounting point I will post pics later but I will probally need a new one so I have a question about it. scratch Will the replacement cover come with graphics? Because if so I will the need them for the other side so the wearing matches.
lancek wrote:

I have the black frame - anything good to use for the light scratches?
I wouldn't bother unless it is really bad as you (well I would anyway) will probally scrach it again

I replaced my airbox bolt with a 5mm alan head like the side cover but I am not sure of the length.

Lance you might want to post pics of the damage so we can give proper recomdations. thumb
Back to top Go down
mwakey

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:55 am

Stock plastics do not come with graphics. You will have to order them seperatly.
Back to top Go down
RichardU

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:31 pm

And you will find the graphics are a lot more expensive than the plastic.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:44 pm

That's no lie. It's insane what graphics cost from the factory. Even some aftermarket sets that have generic designs on them aren't cheap. At least not the quality 3M vinyl ones. I suppose you get what you pay for huh?
RichardU wrote:
And you will find the graphics are a lot more expensive than the plastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!   

Back to top Go down

More help needed - dropped bike - replace bits!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1