Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What does your username actually mean??

Go down 
+37
Midnite171
liftdt4r
Nelonen
Captain Midnight
X-Racer
SoupSandwich
cmtnwr
usgpru27
drater
Six8
love2lean
calico jack
superbee24
Matty
Boondocker
3KGT_Maddness
Chief_Lee_Visceral
deerHater
dc4stroke
marty
eastcoastzigzag
BigBoar
2goose
1moreroad
JaiDee
skierd
BluePill
ZED
motokid
lukachuki
SheWolf
SpiritWolf15
rokka
john92
Fargo_Wolf
YamWOW!
wildmotha
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
deerHater

What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:52 am

When I joined this Spring my previous riding season had been cut short by another deer attacking me.
3 total attacks: 1 in the car, 2 on motos.

I say attacks because all three were on back roads with no other vehicles in sight, on straight road sections.
The deer came flying out of deep vegetation cover *just* as I got there. In each case I was just able to start braking, so that I T-boned the deer - without any braking the deer would have T-boned me. 3 times. Organized conspiracy?
Back to top Go down
Chief_Lee_Visceral

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Because if it feels good you should do it!
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:36 pm

3KGT = Mitsubishi 3000 GT
Maddness = I dont know, it was something unique that wasnt taken already when I made my first user name on 3si.org

I use the same name on all forum's that I use because its easier to remember.
Back to top Go down
Boondocker

Boondocker

PostSubject: Boondocker   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 pm

When I was a kid, my family used to go way out in the desert, arrowhead hunting, searching for Indian artifacts, and other old stuff. My Dad always called it boondocking because we'd bounce around on dirt roads for hours to get there and back. When I got old enough to drive, I'd take the old 4x4, or car out to the desert to party with my friends or girlfriend. I'd come home with a dusty car and my Dad would ask where I've been. I'd tell him was boondocking. He'd just look at me sideways and say, "you must be a real boondocker". I'm still living up to the name, because I like it out there.
Back to top Go down
Matty

Matty

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 am

<~~~ it's my name.
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Big fan of the old Dodge Superbee's and I am firefighter 24 hrs on at a time.
Back to top Go down
calico jack

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:02 pm

In my line of work me and some others wear this patch and fly the Calico Jack pirate flag.

What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Fb-fla10

No we dont hijack cargo ships...We are the good guys!
Back to top Go down
love2lean

love2lean

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Well LOVE2LEAN comes from my pure adoration for turning a motorcycle with my body.

What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Barberjpeg1

I just LOVE to LEAN !!!
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Six8 = 6.8 SPC   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Six8 is a general handle I use when not using my REAL name deal
or HAM call-sign wings Va3TTD

Six8 stands for 6.8 SPC Remington it's a rifle cartridge
That I have a fondness for and use when hunting critters
when huning for lost person I use my search dog Havoc. bannana

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 10:33 pm

I followed the lead of Scotty (Rydnseek) and PonchoV and others... putting fat knobbies on my 17" X wheels.

It was my plan to do so before buying the bike and to NOT convert it to 18/21 wheels. And I love the bike this way; it handles everything well and even carves great curves on the pavement!

Anyway, the look grew on me and I liked it. So I started calling the bike "BigFeet" due to the fat tires.

My former ID of Artoo was during planning prior to deciding on an X. I thought I'd get a WRR and lower the heck out of it. Anyway, R squared was already well used, so Artoo was my take on R2. Since the plan changed and I ended up with a WRX instead of a WRR, "BigFeet" it was.

FAQ: Are MY feet big? Not really; size 11.

-feets
Back to top Go down
drater

drater

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:14 pm

i used to have a film company in tahoe and i came up with this name as a joke and it stuck.

read DRATER backwards.

so im drater and you might be a little drater to.
Back to top Go down
usgpru27

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 9:59 pm

USGPRU = United States Grand Prix Riders Union (125 and 250 National GP series) My number is 27..
Back to top Go down
cmtnwr

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 pm

cmtn = Crow Mountain = home
WR guess
Back to top Go down
SoupSandwich

SoupSandwich

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 9:37 pm

When I was in the Army I had an NCO who would tell all the privates that they looked like "soup sandwiches", if you can visualize putting soup on two pieces of bread, big mess. I always thought it was funny so I started using it............ Very happy
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:26 am

X-Racer = No longer a racer. Big mystery there I realize.
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 pm

When I heard the song After Midnight by Eric Clapton. I missunderstood the words. I thought they were singing Captian Midnight. I thought he was a cool new hero, and wished that I had thought of it. After I learned the real words to the song, (After Midnight), and that I had acually invented Captain Midnight, I decided that he should be me.
Back to top Go down
Nelonen

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Nelonen = 4

Been called that for ages since my last name is Nenonen
Back to top Go down
liftdt4r

liftdt4r

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:42 pm

liftdt4 = Lifted T 4 R = Lifted Toyota 4Runner = totally lame

I started out on Yotatech when I was building my 4runner in '03, I've been on a few boards since and the name stuck.
Back to top Go down
Midnite171

Midnite171

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Ok, mine is probably the cheesiest!

When I was 6 years old in 1975, I saw the movie Midnight Cowboy. I think it was about a male jigalo. I soon got a ham radio CB and my handle was Midnight Cowboy. Over the years I dropped the cowboy and was just Midnight. When I was 17, I got an online AOL account and Midnight was taken. Midnite was also taken so I went with Midnite17 and I don't know where the extra 1 came from. But that's how I ended up being Midnite171!
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 am

dtx=dirt track cross as in the bikes we race for short track.
wanted a plated bike to sneek in some track time in dirt parking lots,x got a second wheel set.
Back to top Go down
HeliGuy

HeliGuy

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 11:22 am

I'm a helicopter Pilot kinda of self explanatory. But a kick ass job!

[img]What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Img_1210[/img]
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 8:41 pm

MOAR HELI PICS!!! thumb Very happy I fly in them for work, sorry. Shog

HeliGuy

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:51 am

Here ya go Shewolf..some pictures of my other addiction. Where do you work?

[img]What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Imag0111[/img]

[img]What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Img_1211[/img]

[img]What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Imag0010[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Good friend of mine and former roommate mine named Lawrence Perry has done a lot of helilogging. Now does powerline work with a couple of monkey's sitting on a platform working on the wire. Perhaps you know him - he was the helipilot of the year for some industry association after plucking a bunch of climbers off El Capitan in high winds after they were struck by lightening, back about 2005 or so. His view was that the park ranger on the end of the longline was the guy who should have gotten all the credit - he couldn't do anything but dangle in the wind and trust.

Used to ride around with him when there was a spare seat. Felt that, since I used to jump out of helicopters, he'd teach me how to fly them on deadhead trips back to base. So I did learn how to (kinda, sorta) fly an Astar. It was kind of ugly, but fun.

Now I just have to talk him out of mountain bike racing and rally cars into buying an ADV type bike...

Ah, here we go:
What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Laurenceperryheadshot
Laurence Perry of Classic Helicopters and Rick Harmon of Hawkins and Powers Aviation, Wyoming, are the recipients of HAI's Pilot of the Year Award. After a bolt of lightning struck six of thirteen hikers, Aug. 23, 2003, at Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming, Perry and Harmon flew to the rescue. Cell phone IMG_7.jpgcalls were placed to 911 by the injured hikers and a magnificently planned and implemented two-helicopter rescue relay followed. The bolt initially hit a female climber at the front of the group, killed her, then passed through her to her husband and down the rock face into another climber attached to them by rope. He fell off the cliff, and was suspended by rope, 50 feet below Friction Pitch. The bolt also hit three climbers and hurled them into space to be caught only by their knotted climbing rope. The Teton rangers needed to reach Friction Pitch, tend to the injured in one area, rescu e a dan climber, and get to three more hikers who were injured, huddling 200 feet below on narrow ledges in just four and a half hours. Perry needed to use a long-line rescue system to transport injured climbers off the peak. Much thought was given to working on the downwind side of a 13,770-foot mountain with windsfrom 15 to 115 miles per hour. One by one, the injured were attached by climbing harnesses to the rope, secured with an extrication suit, and whisked down to the Lower Saddle. Harmon then loaded patients inside his airship from the Lower Saddle and transported them to Lukpine Meadows. "Without them (Perry and Harmon) and their expertise, I probably wouldn't be here. The people who do that are true heroes," said Rodrigo Liberal, one of the 13 hikers. For performing one of the most spectacular rescues in the history of American mountaineering, HAI is proud to present Perry and Harmon the Pilot of the Year Award
Back to top Go down
greenfire6

greenfire6

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:45 pm

greenfire6.

The "greenfire" part is in reference to, and remindes me of, my 28 wonderful years employed as a federal wildland fierfighter based in So. California, USA. The "6" part is in reference to my paid position as an station captain/engine captain. I absolutely loved training and fielding my engine comapny each season.

My National Interagency Incident Managment System qualifications were lengthy which allowed me to go on a wide variety of fire assignments, all over the country with or without my guys. It wasn't a job, it was an adventure!

I highly recommend this field to young people who are keen for long periods of sweaty, dirty and stinky work along with water, food and sleep deprivation and don't mind mind numbing routine punctuated by moments of shear terror!

What a deal! deal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does your username actually mean??   What does your username actually mean?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What does your username actually mean??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2