Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fulltournament

my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! Empty
PostSubject: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:18 am

Hi!

My  2009 WR250X (with 11.000 km) exhaust became much more louder.....it seems have the "normal" noise when it's cold, but it's really louder after a twenty minute ride (when it's hot).

Other symptons are "single SOFT popping" on deceleration..........my Yamaha dealer saId it's not a real problem (he said I have the noise of an aftermarket exhaust, without paying for poser2 ).....

Anyone had got a similar experience?

Many thanks from Italy.....

Pierluigi

P.S. I hope my English is not so bad..... Shog
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:47 am

I'm sure your English is about a million times better than my Italian.

Is your X 100% stock? Nothing changed on it? Everything is as it came from Yamaha?
Also, are you the original owner? Did you buy it brand new from dealer with almost zero miles on it?

My bike tends to "pop" a bit on deceleration when the air/fuel mixture is a little richer than it should be. (my bike isn't stock anymore)

On a stock bike the AIS system is supposed to help cure that, but you're also on a European model with an O2 sensor in the pipe.... dunno

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
fulltournament

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 5:56 am

My bike is totally stock......I'm not the first owner, but I bought it about a year ago and the "problem" was born" about a month ago.....

By the way.....the real problem is not the "popping".....but the loud exhaust "voice".. wings
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:34 am

Since you're NOT the first owner of the bike, are you sure the previous owner didn't alter the stock exhaust system somehow?

Is all the AIS stuff still attached to bike?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
fulltournament

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:56 am

.....for about 10 month the bike was ok......now I realize the exhaust sound is really louder (and there are some popping on deceleration)......so something happened meanwhile....

I could control if the AIS stuff is still attached......but....where is the AIS stuff....and where should be attached? Rolling Eyes Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 pm

AIS = my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! AIS_removed

Look right next to where exhaust pipe exits cylinder head on shifter side of the bike.

FmF Q4

Last edited by motokid on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fulltournament

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:41 pm

Many thanks....I'll check and let you know cheers
Back to top Go down
fulltournament

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:10 am

AIS stuff checked: perfectly fitted....... dddog

Anything else to suggest? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:08 am

There is a joint between the stock muffler and the pipe coming from the head. On the muffler pipe there is a bolt that you tighten down to attach the muffler to the exhaust pipe from the head. There should also be some metal fiber type material that is used in the muffler pipe to seal that connection.

I would check to make sure the material is there and that the bolt is tight.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 4:32 pm

rsteiger wrote:
There is a joint between the stock muffler and the pipe coming from the head.  On the muffler pipe there is a bolt that you tighten down to attach the muffler to the exhaust pipe from the head.  There should also be some metal fiber type material that is used in the muffler pipe to seal that connection.

Great idea. thumb

As things heat and expand the joint could loosen and allow more noise.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
fulltournament

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 am

rsteiger wrote:
There is a joint between the stock muffler and the pipe coming from the head.  On the muffler pipe there is a bolt that you tighten down to attach the muffler to the exhaust pipe from the head.  There should also be some metal fiber type material that is used in the muffler pipe to seal that connection.

Just checked :hmmm:

Everything is ok..... dddog

I really don't know what it could be. ..... scratch

Many thanks for your suggestions.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 am

Could it be a problem with that AIS system, like a vacuum leak or a clogged hose? Could also be that the catalytic converter in the pipe is degraded or something. I have not heard of this before, but I think most people have an aftermarket exhaust pipe.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Popping on decel is usually a leak or loose connection at the head to pipe or where the header pipe is attached to the muffler pipe, had this before and just tightened all connections and it was good, if there is a gasket between the header pipe and the head it could be blown and allowing air in, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!   my stock exhaust became much more louder!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

my stock exhaust became much more louder!!!
Page 1 of 1