Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

who has reached absolute top speed?

Go down 
+11
Slideways
DWK
rico2wheels
viper770
Jäger
bracky72
gatorfan
motokid
Evol
rsteiger
blusmoke
15 posters
AuthorMessage
blusmoke

who has reached absolute top speed? Empty
PostSubject: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:24 am

Not that I really care for going fast at all but am now quite curious to hear from members who have topped their bike out, what did you hit,what gearing do you have?
Yesterday I was returning from the trails, there is a loooong downhill straight on the way back. I have hit 92 indicated on the flat before but this felt much faster... speedo only read a mere 94mph! Though I was probably still accelerating some between glancing at the readout then deciding to let off since it is a very steep hill. My gearing is 13-45. I kinda believe that reading to be a glitch but none the less just about my absolute max. Very happy

how far off should my speedo be from true with this gearing? bike seems like it is doing 40 when it says 50 btw, I know each bike is different I'll do some gps checking soon.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:04 am

I have hit 84 MPH (GPS Indicated) on a flat section of road with no or little wind when I was running my GSXR exhaust, customer PCV map, and 13/48 gearing.

Now I top off at 78 MPH with the stock exhaust and PCV map with 14/50 gearing.

I am a big guy at 250lbs.

I like the bottom end response of the stock exhaust and 14/50 gearing combo for most of my DS rides so I am leaving the bike set up that way.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:27 am

I have hit 143 km/h (89 mph) on flat highway with a lot of wind, and in "full scooter tuck". This was indicated, but I have a 12 O'Clock Labs Speedo Healer.

Modded WRX:
FMF FP
FMF PowerBomb
FMF Q4
K&N
Ultimate Airbox Mod
Stock 13-42 gearing
Stock tires

P.S. The stock speedo is said to be off by 7%
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:44 am

blusmoke wrote:
Not that I really care for going fast at all but am now quite curious to hear from members who have topped their bike out, what did you hit,what gearing do you have?
Yesterday I was returning from the trails, there is a loooong downhill straight on the way back. I have hit 92 indicated on the flat before but this felt much faster... speedo only read a mere 94mph! Though I was probably still accelerating some between glancing at the readout then deciding to let off since it is a very steep hill. My gearing is 13-45. I kinda believe that reading to be a glitch but none the less just about my absolute max. Very happy

how far off should my speedo be from true with this gearing? bike seems like it is doing 40 when it says 50 btw, I know each bike is different I'll do some gps checking soon.

According to 12 o'clocklabs calculator, if you have stock sized rear tire, and all you changed was gearing, your speedometer is off by roughly 12%.

Stock straight from Yamaha your speedometer is off about 7.7% - reading higher than what's real.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:47 am

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/sdrd_calc.htm
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:22 pm

92mph - stock sprockets - FMF Header/Can/Programmer - Flat as balls - tailwind
Back to top Go down
bracky72

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 7:47 am

Bone stock 79 mph gps confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Aside from the almost universally known fact that the speedometer as it comes from the factory is off, even wear on the tires on a stock bike make a difference.  I set my speedo healer up for accurate speeds at the same time I spooned new Heidenau tires on.  As the tires wore, the differences between speedo reading and GPS speed increased.  Obvious, but something you don't think about.

It was enough that I ended up recalibrating the speedo healer to something in the middle for the speedo and the odo, when the tire was half worn.  It seems to be close enough to reality at all times that it keeps me out of speeding ticket zones im town and with an odo accurate enough I don't have to worry about running out of gas.  Not likely to be hitting speeding ticket zones on Montana highways...

I think I got up to about 87 mph GPS indicated once on what looked to be a long stretch of flat highway, tucked over the gas tank in full dual sport gear.  Can't really remember; that was six years ago, and I only tried it once. It was the high end of the 80's, anyway.
Back to top Go down
viper770

viper770

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 7:18 pm

I have a 2012 wr250r  and i have toped mine out to 97.1 mph i did get it up to 98.6  but dont have the pic to prove that but here  is my proof of the 97.1 gps  indicated  my wrr is heavily moded at the time i was running 13/42  but sence then i change it to 13/40 i have not had a chance to top it out again  to see what my new top speed is
who has reached absolute top speed? SAM_1324-1
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:02 pm

STOCK 2013, have hit 99MPH many times. Actually rode California to Ohio & back at 80-95MPH nearly the whole trip. 6th gear near full throttle (full throttle through several tanks of gas due to high winds). It only had 1,000 miles on it when I left & I figured I would blow it up, but to my amazement it never blinked an eye. That was last year, I have 8,500 miles on it now and it still runs perfect.
I just did a speed run on it a few weeks ago with a taller Shinko 244 and I hit 96MPH. I live in Columbus Ohio now not at sea level anymore, maybe that helped the ease of hitting 99mph.

Again this is all stock, I only GPS'd my speed once and at 80mph indicated on my bike, GPS said 77mph. But also the speedo stops at 99mph, it will only hit triple digits in KPH, so I bet I have hit 100mph.
Back to top Go down
rico2wheels

PostSubject: Top Speed   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:28 am

Gruvey12 wrote:
STOCK 2013, have hit 99MPH many times. Actually rode California to Ohio & back at 80-95MPH nearly the whole trip. 6th gear near full throttle (full throttle through several tanks of gas due to high winds). It only had 1,000 miles on it when I left & I figured I would blow it up, but to my amazement it never blinked an eye. That was last year, I have 8,500 miles on it now and it still runs perfect.
I just did a speed run on it a few weeks ago with a taller Shinko 244 and I hit 96MPH. I live in Columbus Ohio now not at sea level anymore, maybe that helped the ease of hitting 99mph.

Again this is all stock, I only GPS'd my speed once and at 80mph indicated on my bike, GPS said 77mph. But also the speedo stops at 99mph, it will only hit triple digits in KPH, so I bet I have hit 100mph.

I've hit 93mph at 2000ft altitude using a GPS for accuracy, this is basically a stock bike with only a flapper mod...bike has 30k miles, did the valves at 25K and required no adjustment everything looked new inside, only use Motorex oil, bike has made lots of long distance trips at full throttle, only gets about 55 MPG at full throttle...but what a amazing machine...wish Yamaha made a WR450R...
Back to top Go down
Slideways

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:02 am

No picture for proof but have mounted my bicycle Garmin on the WRX and saw 92mph. Flat straight on SoCal freeway, no wind, full tuck and a 14T counter shaft cog.
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:33 am

Hey Slideways,

That section of road to the west of the Rock Store is pretty entertaining.  When I was younger and fitter I used to ride it on my old Colnago.

Thanks for your speed input,

Dave
Back to top Go down
Slideways

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:40 pm

Yes it is. The Snake is good up or down on either a motor or pedal bike. You won't hit top speed on it though.
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Rico2Wheels;
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one thrashing full throttle trips! Your right about the MPG drop, I was even into the 40's a few times on my trip.
30k miles is a hell of an accomplishment for any 250cc engine!
I plan on keeping mine forever and hope to see 30k miles myself next year!
Back to top Go down
Carbomb

Carbomb

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:11 pm

103mph on stock X gearing, downhill in full tuck, 12 o'clock labs corrected. I weighed about 138lbs.
Back to top Go down
Gruvey12

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Atta Boy!
Back to top Go down
sramsland

sramsland

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

I hit 95mph before letting off on a roadway indicated by my speedo, although I have a wrr with 13/43 no speedo healer and 17's. Guess that's 83mph? Sure felt like 100mph lol
Back to top Go down
sramsland

sramsland

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:13 pm

Speedo does go past 100mph. Just did it coming home from work. But my speedometer is not correct lol.
Back to top Go down
YamaLink

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 11:24 am

There's an old air strip in perfect condition where I do top speed runs. Left arm behind back, full tuck, ha. Friends always get a good laugh. Garmin 500 for actual mph.
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am

Still have yet to get a proper gps reading butt, I took a little ride yesterday while it was still in the 40's haha. Since my last attempt I had added a fuel programmer and removed the air box lid and selected the corresponding map.

In an attempt to get back home a lil quicker I found my self cruising at 90+ indicated, this wasn't really intentional so I decided to just wind her out the rest of the way Shog got up to 101 indicated and got up there a lot faster than the last time plus i think there was probably even a little more left.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who has reached absolute top speed?   who has reached absolute top speed? Empty

Back to top Go down

who has reached absolute top speed?
Page 1 of 1