Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bike inspection

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DutchTerror

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I'm going to look at a 2008 WR250R this coming weekend. Besides the underside of the chain slider, are there any other known issues items to check on? Thanks!

Kent
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 1:12 pm

I guess the typical wear and tear stuff.

- Tires
- Chain
- Sprockets
- Look at the ends of the control cables
- Fork Seals
- Battery (Load Test)
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks. All good points to check. Anything else model specific?
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Not really, take it for a real test rise including hwy speeds.if it passes that you should be good. I ALWAYS look at the airfilter. If there was any neglect, often it shows there.
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:14 am

Good point about the air filter. Thanks, guys. We'll see how things go Saturday.

Kent
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm

I would ask him if he had the fuel pump replaced also.
Back to top Go down

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Might want to inspect the radiator to make sure it isn't damaged. I didn't do it and it had been crashed, hard. No wonder there were different stickers on the plastic!
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks, guys. I did get the bike. Chain is shot, but more importantly, the fork seals are leaking. Dry rot on a '08 with 6,000 miles. Guess it was bound to happen.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:46 pm

DutchTerror wrote:
Thanks, guys.  I did get the bike.  Chain is shot, but more importantly, the fork seals are leaking.  Dry rot on a '08 with 6,000 miles.  Guess it was bound to happen.

Fork seals aren't too bad to do. Check out some YouTube videos for USD fork seal replacement.
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, I watched those a couple times over. Hoping to tackle it tonight if my seals show up.

Bike inspection 20141019_151150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bike inspection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bike inspection   Bike inspection Empty

Back to top Go down

Bike inspection
Page 1 of 1