Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DutchTerror

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment Empty
PostSubject: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 am

Will a Michelin AC-10 rear in 120/90-18 fit?  I've searched the site and found reference to the Dunlop 606 in this size working, but as you can see from this photo, the AC-10 in a 120 width is much wider than the Dunlop. This photo shows the actual widths of tires that are all marked as a 120.  I ask only because I have a brand new one already in my possession.   Thanks!

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment DOTtires4widths
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

I'm traveling right now but when I get home Monday I can measure and see if I have more than 12.5 mm between the side of my D606 and the chain.

That tire looks like it would give great traction in loose stuff but I'll bet it would feel different when cornering.

Dave
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:43 am

If you could measure, that would be much appreciated. I likely wouldn't buy this size for the WR, but I already had it from another bike. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:52 pm

I've run one it fits fine.

Its not that wide after its on the rim, the skinny rim pinches it together making it skinner and more rounded than it is unmounted.

Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks, Biglake! I just picked up my WRR today and it has a Dunlop 606 in 120/90-18, and I can already tell there would be room. They're going on!
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 am

And proof that it fits. Thanks, guys.

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment 20141020_175513
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 am

Can the WR handle that much tire? With such little HP, it seems like an awful lot of unsprung weight to carry around.

ac
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 am

avc8130 wrote:
Can the WR handle that much tire?  With such little HP, it seems like an awful lot of unsprung weight to carry around.  

ac

I'll find out next weekend! Don't you have a Super Tenere as well?
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 am

DutchTerror wrote:
avc8130 wrote:
Can the WR handle that much tire?  With such little HP, it seems like an awful lot of unsprung weight to carry around.  

ac

I'll find out next weekend!  Don't you have a Super Tenere as well?  

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:01 am

I thought so. I wonder how many of us have both the little WR250R and the big old Super Tenere in the garage?
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 5:20 pm

avc8130 wrote:

ac

This tire is about an inch shorter than a d606 or mt 43 and lighter.

Some michelins are sized wierd and smaller than other tires.
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Hey Dutch Terror---I didn't measure since you had the answer by the time I returned home. I'll be interested to hear how that tire runs because it looks like it will provide serious traction. I'm running the D606 over a Tubliss setup and it was a huge improvement from the stock rig. But if this is better, I'm always game to try something new.

Thanks,

Dave

Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:00 pm

Will do, Dave!
Back to top Go down
avc8130

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Biglake wrote:
avc8130 wrote:

ac

This tire is about an inch shorter than a d606 or mt 43 and lighter.

Some michelins are sized wierd and smaller than other tires.

That's interesting since it is an inch WIDER.

Just goes to show tire sizes don't mean squat.
Back to top Go down
DutchTerror

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:50 am

I ran the Bucky Dual Sport event this past weekend.  A total of 106 miles including tar chip roads, leaves, black loam corn fields, grass, some rocky sections, water crossings, and some greasy clay.  I ran 12 pounds of air both front and rear.  Tires hooked up very well and I had zero complaints.  The bike did very well, especially given that I didn't know the bike well at all yet.  Gearing I used was 13-47, but I may look at going to 13-49.  Seems like 6th has plenty left in it for the road sections.  

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment 001-99
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment   Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment Empty

Back to top Go down

Michelin AC-10 Rear Fitment
Page 1 of 1