Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

FMF Pipe Install on 2009

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BackRoader

BackRoader

FMF Pipe Install on 2009 Empty
PostSubject: FMF Pipe Install on 2009   FMF Pipe Install on 2009 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 10:09 pm

OK, I am new to this bike.... got the spark plug issue dealt with and it runs good.

Now, I would like to install the FMF Q4.

I started pulling off the exhaust and I find a cable driven heat controller on the exhaust. Which I have determined is connected to a signicantly sized unit under the battery, which I suspect effects the operation of the bike!
(no I am not a mechanic nor I do I claim to be one)

(to note, no instructions with the pipe, nor do I have a shop manual, which would be redundant as I am screwing with Yamaha's perfection.)

So my first assumption is if I pull this off its going to effect something else.... which I am guessing is ultimately tied to the air box mod...that I have not found yet, but I know it's lurking somewhere here in the forum.

Is there an executive summary, that allows me to skip the crap and get the pipe on ?

Oh ya, how do I post photos... I normally use TAP A TALK from my Iphone, but can't find the forum on there.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Pipe Install on 2009   FMF Pipe Install on 2009 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 5:30 am

You have found the EXUP valve in the stock exhaust.

You can disconnect the cables in the servo motor that opens and closes that valve.
The servo motor is what you found under the battery.

If you completely disconnect the entire servo motor you'll get an error code on your display.
There are ways to prevent the error code from happening, but you need to take measures before the
error is recognized.

For now, you're safe to disconnect the cables and just leave the servo motor there.
Pull the whole exhaust canister and replace with the Q4.

Enjoy that new sound.

There are multiple threads here about the servo motor and how to bypass/remove it.
There are also more than a few threads about the EXUP valve and what it does as well.
Don't expect a consensus on the EXUP thing. Very happy

Since you're getting an after market exhaust you may want to look into:

1) AIS removal
2) Flapper Mod
3) Air box and/or air filter changes/modification
4) EFI fuel programmer

Welcome to the addiction.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
BackRoader

BackRoader

PostSubject: Re: FMF Pipe Install on 2009   FMF Pipe Install on 2009 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am going to install the FMF Power Programmer as well.

Also have an AIS removal kit. No idea where that goes yet, but I am sure there is thread somewhere to help with that as well.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: FMF Pipe Install on 2009   FMF Pipe Install on 2009 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 12:03 pm

http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake

thumb

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMF Pipe Install on 2009   FMF Pipe Install on 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

FMF Pipe Install on 2009
Page 1 of 1