Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

wrx adventure bike

Go down 
+9
olddog
mtb
SheWolf
router.exe
ZED
3KGT_Maddness
1moreroad
rokka
rydnseek
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D1EHARD

D1EHARD

wrx adventure bike - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Dancamp wrote:
Has anyone tried the Kenda 270 ?

And if so what size has been used rear and front ?

PonchoV said he went with 4.60 for the front and 5.10 for the rear. Both 17's of course.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 pm

My bad. I assumed he was doing the R setup by the use of the 606. wrx adventure bike - Page 2 29721

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:42 pm

SheWolf wrote:
My bad. I assumed he was doing the R setup by the use of the 606. wrx adventure bike - Page 2 29721

Actually I bought the X for 2 reasons. I heard that the springs in the X are stiffer. Since I'm 200lbs I tought that it would save me the upgrade job.

The other reason is that I will use it to commute every day. I live 30 miles from work. So I prefer having the road tires to commute.

Changing tires isn't such an hard job, so it'll be ok to do it whan i'll go travel or play in the trails.

In the north of the province there are a lot of trails begging to be explored by two wheelers. An most of these trails are bordered by lakes with a lot of trouts. It makes good snacks after playing on the WR.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Fishing is good! wrx adventure bike - Page 2 61865 I can't wait for the upper lakes to thaw so I can do just that. wrx adventure bike - Page 2 810411

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:13 am

I'm thinking for my next set of tires i might try the shinko 244's. They look a lot like the kenda 270's but are cheaper. The mt-21's just keep getting more expensive! I got my last set at bike bandit for about $70 each shipped, & now they are over $100. I can get both shinko's for $80 at motorcycle superstore. They're not as aggressive as the mt-21's but for longer adventure rides i think they will be fine. At least i'm thinking of giving them a try. I'll probably get into some really nasty trails & wish i had the more aggressive knobbies.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Sorry for the long delay. I should be checking request & such. Been riding, alot.
The kenda sizes on my X are as follows: Front 4.60 @ 17", Rear 5.10 @ 17".
I curently have over 2,500 miles on these tires & they are not half worn out on the back & maybe only a quarter worn on the front. Grip on & off pavement is very good. We have a lot of sand & mud here in Florida.
I'm very pleased w/ these tires & paid less than 100USD delievered to my office.
I use very thick tubes w/ 8 to 10 oz of Ride-On in each tube. W/ Ride-On there is an on going balance factor & because the tubes can be used again, it is a real savings.

Hope this helps anyone interested in the Kenda 270s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wrx adventure bike   wrx adventure bike - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

wrx adventure bike
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2