Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install

Go down 
+3
Caldsy
TwoBuells
Evol
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Caldsy

Caldsy

Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install   Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 am

I had the same issue (throttle tube wouldn't return). and it was caused due to adhesive I used for the grip. took the throttle tube/cables apart, cleaned everything and it works magically. DO NOT CUT YOUR BARS. shouldn't have to. I did however drill a tiny hole for the throttle mechanism to hold in place better. most people just cut that nipple off the mechanism but I took the extra time and did the install properly.
Back to top Go down
Alf-Jam

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install   Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for the input guys....turns out I had tightened the throttle housing back with the black plastic ring inside. It is supposed to act as barrier between tube and housing. Guess that's what I get for taking a dinner break in the middle of the install. Also, I moved my bars forward to the "+2" position and my cables seem to have more slack....not much though. I do not plan on cutting the bars and I don't see any reason to do so...my controls barely fit as it is! And I DID remove the locator tab within the starter housing....which was really just a victim of my frustration, but I don't believe it is going to cause much trouble in the future, especially with my triple clamp mounts! Time will tell.

I plan on mounting my Handguards tonight, but I can already sense a trip to the hardware store may be in order as the clamps look like they will need longer bolts and the angle of the end of hand guard doesn't seem to match angle of clamps once set. I will report back.....
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install   Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 am

what kind of guards did you get? The Cyrca's came with a longer bolt and spacer for that reason.
Back to top Go down
Alf-Jam

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install   Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Caldsy wrote:
what kind of guards did you get? The Cyrca's came with a longer bolt and spacer for that reason.  

Did you get the bar mount pack or the triple clamp mount? I got the Cycra's but just the guards and bar ends...I ordered the triple clamp mounts seperately and there were no longer bolts in my package.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install   Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro-Taper risers, Evo fat bars and Cyrca Guards install
Page 1 of 1