Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Horse Saddlebags

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 11:19 am

Check these out for $20!

http://www.petandhorse.com/versa-packs-tm-back-pack-saddle-bag-model-vp-100-clearance-item
Back to top Go down
Hog86r

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Looks like a bargain. Have you tried them?
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Horse saddle bags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Yup! I bought two pair; a large in blue for the WR (don't make black in large), and medium in black for my wife's XT250. $20 and $11 respectively. They're stout heavy nylon with an inner draw string bag. I don't have them mounted as yet but see no reason they won't work. Probably not waterproof. Ca't go wrong for the money!
Back to top Go down
Protosouls

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 1:35 am

sophijo wrote:
Yup! I bought two pair; a large in blue for the WR (don't make black in large), and medium in black for my wife's XT250. $20 and $11 respectively. They're stout heavy nylon with an inner draw string bag. I don't have them mounted as yet but see no reason they won't work. Probably not waterproof. Ca't go wrong for the money!

When you get these on your WR would you mind posting some photos? I'm interested for sure!
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 11:37 am

I will but it won't be til after Christmas. These are deep sale items, $11, so if your interested you might get em. Not much to lose and I can't say how long they'll be around.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Just ordered myself a set as well. Thanks for sharing. Spoke with the customer service manager and he said these are a Steal at that price. What should be used to cover the Exhaust? I know Giant Loop make a nice looking shield... any others out there for less $$?
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: shield   Horse Saddlebags EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 pm

I bought a piece of 3/16 aluminum from the scrap yard, bent it to match and drilled holes to match existing bolt on OEM shield. Get some 3/4" bushings from the hardware an new bolt to length. Mount on top of existing shield.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:29 am

sophijo wrote:
I bought a piece of 3/16 aluminum from the scrap yard, bent it to match and drilled holes to match existing bolt on OEM shield. Get some 3/4" bushings from the hardware an new bolt to length. Mount on top of existing shield.

makes sense... something like what I was thinking. Are you going to make a frame for the chain side? I'm assuming the Pannier wouldn't be that secure on that side of the bike because there is no frame to keep it away from falling under the bike (if you know what mean?). I'm picking these up on the weekend along with my Garmin Montana 650 and AMPS rugged Mount/RAM system. can't wait.
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Chain side   Horse Saddlebags EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 10:35 pm

RE: frame chain side. I'm going to fabricate a tool tube and hang it off the OEM tool case mount hoping that will do the trick. Did you get your bags and what do you think?
Back to top Go down
WeAkSaUzE

WeAkSaUzE

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:35 pm

I did this in '79 with my GS750L back in the day, your bike doesn't have the girth of a horse, I had to take a lot out of the middle piece that connected the bags the way I used them under the seat.

EDIT: Ok I looked at the product image, totally different than what I had to deal with, mine where more like this, without altering they almost drug on the ground

Horse Saddlebags Saddlebags
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: WeAkSaUzE   Horse Saddlebags EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:39 pm

I think you're right though......some will have to come out of the middle section to get em up. These also separate. They have shoulder straps tucked away on the back in a pocket so each can double as a day pack if you're so inclined.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:33 pm

sophijo wrote:
RE: frame chain side. I'm going to fabricate a tool tube and hang it off the OEM tool case mount hoping that will do the trick. Did you get your bags and what do you think?

haven't picked up my stuff yet from the border. Should have it in the next week or so. Once you get your tool kit Fabricated post some pics. It's actually a better idea of going that route then just a useless frame. At least fabbing a new tool tube will be useful as long as it fits more tools then the stock one haha
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

Horse Saddlebags <a href=Horse Saddlebags Fullsi13" />

well I received my Saddle Bags and Rotopax Fuel caddy (already had Scaggs rack).  I'm very impressed with these bags.  Thanks for posting this link up originally!  I was initially thinking I would need some time of frame/mount for the chain side but I think you're right about fabbing a larger tool kit which should keep it just out enough from under the tail section.  Lots of space/pockets, and adjustability!  for $30 shipped you really can't go wrong.  I also have a 30L Drysac that will go overtop of the Saddle bags so I'll be set for a weekend trip!

Horse Saddlebags <a href=Horse Saddlebags Fullsi14" />
Back to top Go down
sophijo

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Bags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:20 pm

That looks great! What a deal eh! Been locked up in my shop because of cold/snow and ice.....gettin the itch bad to back on the WR!
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:36 pm

I hear ya.. got all these new things for the bike and not able to use it with 2 feet of snow on the ground is very....depressing! baldy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horse Saddlebags Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horse Saddlebags   Horse Saddlebags Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse Saddlebags
Page 1 of 1