Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

I'm on an orange bike now

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackdog

Blackdog

I'm on an orange bike now Empty
PostSubject: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:12 pm

I just sold my WR and bought a KTM 690 Enduro.  The WR was fine I just needed a bit more horse power.  A guy on ADVRider bought it, he read my build here and hopefully will continue to post. I had a feeling this would happen. C'ya
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:18 pm

D\'OH Yo!

The Koolaid is always oranger on the other side of the fence. Enjoy the new ride!
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:05 pm

dhally wrote:
D\'OH   Yo!

The Koolaid is always oranger on the other side of the fence.  Enjoy the new ride!

I was waiting for the rumored WR450R. I'll be riding orange in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
dogfarm

PostSubject: Re: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm

I think you will like riding the 690.  Here is my experience for what's it worth....

The thing that made me truly appreciate my WR250r was purchasing a 690r. The 690r is an amazing bike and the power is addicting but the WR is now my "gravel road trip bike". I never had any trouble with my WR and I had constant issues with the KTM. It wasn't that the KTM is not a reliable bike, it just seemed to require a lot more attention. I guess it is just the price you pay for the performance. The WR is a 2008 and the 690 was a 2009. At my skill level (or lack of skill) I am more comfortable taking the WR into harder terrain than the 690. I thought it could replace the WR but it really didn't work out that way for me.  I do definitely miss having the power of the 690r sometimes.  

I decided the extra maintenance and expense is worth getting a higher performance bike for trail riding so I bought a KTM 350 EXC-F. This bike makes me smile when I ride it where the WR is fun but work in trails.  However, I wouldn't really seriously think of taking it instead of the WR for a multi-day trip on gravel roads.
Back to top Go down
Blackdog

Blackdog

PostSubject: Re: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 9:01 pm

dogfarm wrote:
I think you will like riding the 690.  Here is my experience for what's it worth....

The thing that made me truly appreciate my WR250r was purchasing a 690r. The 690r is an amazing bike and the power is addicting but the WR is now my "gravel road trip bike". I never had any trouble with my WR and I had constant issues with the KTM. It wasn't that the KTM is not a reliable bike, it just seemed to require a lot more attention. I guess it is just the price you pay for the performance. The WR is a 2008 and the 690 was a 2009. At my skill level (or lack of skill) I am more comfortable taking the WR into harder terrain than the 690. I thought it could replace the WR but it really didn't work out that way for me.  I do definitely miss having the power of the 690r sometimes.  

I decided the extra maintenance and expense is worth getting a higher performance bike for trail riding so I bought a KTM 350 EXC-F. This bike makes me smile when I ride it where the WR is fun but work in trails.  However, I wouldn't really seriously think of taking it instead of the WR for a multi-day trip on gravel roads.

It would have been nice to have kept the WR also but I have 6 bikes already and only need 1 dual sport.  I just happened to walk into a good deal by accident and figured now was my chance to give orange a try.  I'm in the process of sorting it for my annual dual sport ride in Arizona.  Like the WR, a lowering link and new Seat Concepts seat will be installed first.  If you think a WR is tall try a 690 Enduro for size, it has a 37" seat height.

I'm on an orange bike now 0acfd15053ec9b4ab0254c8db388684c_zpsd53e0138
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm on an orange bike now   I'm on an orange bike now Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm on an orange bike now
Page 1 of 1