Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New member from the Asheville area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tewster2

New member from the Asheville area Empty
PostSubject: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 am

Hello Everyone,

I just got a new 2015 WR. It is my first Yamaha since my FZR400 back in the late eighties. Recently retired, I have been traveling the US on BMW GS's for decades. I'm a bit older/slower and have all the time in the world now to travel the back roads. I think the little WR is going to be my perfect bike now for the way I ride.

I've been reading the many post about the WR and have a giant list of stuff I want to do to it. I don't have much off road experience (my GS's were primarily touring bikes) but I'm looking forward to riding many of the more non-techical gravel and dirt roads in my favorite states of North Carolina, Utah, and Colorado.

I live in the Fines Creek area of North Carolina (just north of Maggie Valley). Please let me know if you are in the area and when there are meet ups. I have a small shop at my home with tools and a No Mar tire changer if anyone is traveling through the area and needs some stuff done. Thanks, Tim
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:03 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I think the little WR is going to be my perfect bike now for the way I ride.

Thanks, Tim

Welcome to the site Tim.. Lots of info on the site here.. so much so ..its hard to know where to start.. :o]

The WR reliability is what drew me to to the unit.. for me it all started when i ran into a thread on THIS site. After that it was just a matter of shopping for a deal.. i am very happy with the bike.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks Bill, I'm looking forward to many miles on the WR.
Back to top Go down
mollycbr123

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:20 am

Hello Tim.  I live in Fayetteville, but my mother lives in Hendersonville, 12 miles from Asheville.  I get up to the NC mountains to ride every chance I get.  I'm also a long time tourer, currently on Ducatis (Multistrada).  I am a gentleman, however, and will slow down for my GS riding buddies.

You will love the WR.  It is such a fun bike, both on the local roads I know you have in your neck of the woods, and off road.  It's a perfect bike to hone your off road skills on, as it's easy to manhandle, and very forgiving.  Some of the engine mods and suggested gearing changes you'll find on here really wake the little bike up.  Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:16 am

mollycbr123 wrote:
Hello Tim.  I live in Fayetteville, but my mother lives in Hendersonville, 12 miles from Asheville.  I get up to the NC mountains to ride every chance I get.  I'm also a long time tourer, currently on Ducatis (Multistrada).  I am a gentleman, however, and will slow down for my GS riding buddies.

You will love the WR.  It is such a fun bike, both on the local roads I know you have in your neck of the woods, and off road.  It's a perfect bike to hone your off road skills on, as it's easy to manhandle, and very forgiving.  Some of the engine mods and suggested gearing changes you'll find on here really wake the little bike up.  Enjoy!
Good Morning,

We need to get together one day for a ride. Had many Ducs over the years....here is my last one... a 2010 1198 Corse S (#163 of 300). I'm setting up the little WR for relaxing touring on well maintained gravel and paved back roads. Not interested in technical or anything that will beat me or the bike up (I'm 62 and don't bend like I used too). The rest of the kit I'm putting on the WR should be here in a few days. (Moto-Racks/Wolfman bags/Rotopax/Russell seat/Yamalink/IMS tank/Hot Grips)New member from the Asheville area <a href=New member from the Asheville area IMG_0691_zps9b6047f5" />New member from the Asheville area <a href=New member from the Asheville area IMG_2713_zps2ab67fb3" />
Back to top Go down
13dhex

13dhex

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I just got a new 2015 WR. It is my first Yamaha since my FZR400 back in the late eighties. Recently retired, I have been traveling the US on BMW GS's for decades. I'm a bit older/slower and have all the time in the world now to travel the back roads. I think the little WR is going to be my perfect bike now for the way I ride.

I've been reading the many post about the WR and have a giant list of stuff I want to do to it. I don't have much off road experience (my GS's were primarily touring bikes) but I'm looking forward to riding many of the more non-techical gravel and dirt roads in my favorite states of North Carolina, Utah, and Colorado.

I live in the Fines Creek area of North Carolina (just north of Maggie Valley). Please let me know if you are in the area and when there are meet ups. I have a small shop at my home with tools and a No Mar tire changer if anyone is traveling through the area and needs some stuff done. Thanks, Tim

Hey, I am a new WR owner living just north of Asheville, I was wondering if you want to do any riding together? Have you been to Hurricane Creek Rd right off of I-40W at mile marker 8? I have been enjoying that road, and exploring the forest roads in that area
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member from the Asheville area   New member from the Asheville area Empty

Back to top Go down

New member from the Asheville area
Page 1 of 1