Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards

Go down 
+3
Gath3r13
Fiftygrit
TwoBuells
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards Empty
PostSubject: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Installed a set of HDB Next Gen Hand guards today, very easy, toughest thing is to tap the handle bars.

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0906_zps143676af
Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0902_zpsa277e7a6
Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0905_zpse72c2150
Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0907_zpsa8510c6c
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: HDB   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:16 am

Love these!

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards 59NMUKVO0Di8OnL5fjglbsPJrCx6F8NLEyqmdkDHQ60=w296-h221-p-no

I ended up Priming and Painting mine.

- Scratched them with some 400 grit

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards KYys2TBY50K34GTSYrBw_j39i5Wl6IMIQ6p_YmhCzCs=w295-h221-p-no

- Cleaned them up.

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards QBp_nBf-6lngcVgu2AjC3QKXqMmP1zTvRBWMU4wVSKI=w296-h221-p-no

- Primed them.

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards Hg1i-nQ_H4-tVEJ59Ian3rvxwvbUWWdLJ_GbIyzCqGg=w296-h221-p-no

- Painted them.

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards 20140329_145705

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards USbqiMN9xtA0YxwkXtIBI_flJpzOO0puesjh3EBxvtg=s192-p-no

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards DqISGDbIIwTn-euaN8KuJTD-7E4XebyMvYDaX8mLJCM=s192-p-no
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:05 pm

How do those mirrors work, can you see everything behind you, how about vibration, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:27 pm

Fiftygrit wrote:
How do those mirrors work, can you see everything behind you, how about vibration, cheer`s

Work flawlessly. Never an issue.
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:33 am

Wasted money on the Zeta hand guards,, honestly junk.. wish I could return them...
anyhow what did you have to tap on your bars?
Thats a really sweet setup... looks durable too
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:50 am

2-B Would you mind posting a pic with the mirrors in the up position when you get a chance? I really like that they fold away just wondering where they sit at in up position. thanks
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:59 am

Nevermind... went to the site and read up
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:29 am

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0966_zpsiaoxcsw6

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards IMG_0898_zps4e8fde83
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 am

One thing with the Next Gen HDB Guards, if you have your forks raised in the clamps to lower your bike you'll have to lower the forks to make room for the clamps. The HDB assembly needs to be at the right angle so you can see out the mirrors.

I first installed the HDB Next Gen Guards back in Dec. I had them mounted with the sides level with the bike. When I went on my first ride the mirrors showed the pavement behind my bike real well. I had to twist the guards down, raising the mirror angle up so I could see behind me. I first had to lower my forks in the tubes back to the stock hight so the clamps would not hit the fork caps.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Nice! cheers I like those will read up on them thumb
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I noticed in your last pic, that your shock was red? Is this a dif spring rate? deal
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:56 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
I noticed in your last pic, that your shock was red? Is this a dif spring rate?   deal

yes, I installed a Race Tech Gold Valve kit and Eibach Spring for my weight. I installed Gold Valves in the forks also.
Back to top Go down
Phillyride

Phillyride

PostSubject: HDB   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 am

+1 on the hand guards one of the first mods I did and love them!!!!! Nice set up!!!
Back to top Go down
oldschoolsdime92

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 9:24 am

i run them as well. been on the ground quite a few times. they work flawlessly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards   Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards Empty

Back to top Go down

Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand Guards
Page 1 of 1