Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Any places to ride in North Carolina? Trying to plan a trip

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zoltan

Zoltan

Any places to ride in North Carolina?  Trying to plan a trip Empty
PostSubject: Any places to ride in North Carolina? Trying to plan a trip   Any places to ride in North Carolina?  Trying to plan a trip EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:40 pm

My buddies are looking to get out of the freezing weather up here in New Jersey. I'm sure it's cold down in N.C. but not as cold. Anyone know any places? State parks?

Thanks,
Zoltan
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: Any places to ride in North Carolina? Trying to plan a trip   Any places to ride in North Carolina?  Trying to plan a trip EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:39 am

Zoltan wrote:
My buddies are looking to get out of the freezing weather up here in New Jersey.  I'm sure it's cold down in N.C. but not as cold.   Anyone know any places? State parks?

Thanks,
Zoltan

Zoltan,

Where in NJ are you? Use to live in Paterson area. As far as parks the entire western quarter of NC is parks, national forests, and ride area, both road and dual sport. rt. 129 "the Dragon" leads to rides toward Asheville thru several parks. Coming down use the Skyline drive from Front Royal,VA. 110miles Then 460miles of "Blue Ridge Pkwy." When it end in SW North Carolina you have the Cherehola Skyway over to Tellico plains Where there are many Dual sport roads in Nantahalla and Pisgah National Forests. Several motorcyle specific camp grounds like "Iron Horse in Stecoah,N.C. Speak to Tewster2 currently on the General discussion forum: https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t3512p460-what-did-you-do-to-your-wr-today
He lives in that area west of Asheville,N.C. right now it is too cold there so he's hiding out in Florida, but he probably knows quite a bit about his area. I'm in NE Tenn, but that area is just a few hours away so I have spent some riding time there. Even when I lived in N.J. I came down here.
Current temp in that area is same as here 18deg. going down to 11deg. so not much warmer, just a little less snow baldy
Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

PostSubject: good point   Any places to ride in North Carolina?  Trying to plan a trip EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. I'm in somerset county...a little south from Paterson. Yeah, I was looking at the weather down there....doesn't look much different than up here. I still ride during the winter on warmer days but figured I would venture out to other states...

Zoltan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any places to ride in North Carolina? Trying to plan a trip   Any places to ride in North Carolina?  Trying to plan a trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Any places to ride in North Carolina? Trying to plan a trip
Page 1 of 1