Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Share | 

New Ignition Program required?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sdowiat

PostSubject: New Ignition Program required?   Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 am

Help me sort something out... I was a the local Yamaha dealer looking over the new bikes. I mentioned the FMF pipe and FMF fuel programmer on mine ( it came to me installed ) and the knowledgeable store rep mentioned that to use that it would have to have a aftermarket / different from the original ignition program box... Is that so? If so then I've never realized it...
Back to top Go down
Evol

PostSubject: Re: New Ignition Program required?   Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:25 pm

NO.
Back to top Go down
speersie

PostSubject: Re: New Ignition Program required?   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:19 am

sdowiat wrote:
Help me sort something out...  I was a the local Yamaha dealer looking over the new bikes.   I mentioned the FMF pipe and FMF fuel programmer on mine ( it came to me installed ) and the knowledgeable store rep mentioned that to use that it would have to have a aftermarket / different from the original ignition program box...   Is that so?  If so then I've never realized it...  

Sound like he has confused himself. The FMF Programmer works to add fuel to the stock ECU. The PC3 can have an ignition box as an add on and PCV can be ordered with the ignition module inbuilt but all work to manipulate values and work with the stock ECU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ignition Program required?   

Back to top Go down

New Ignition Program required?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1