Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lucas oil stabilizer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WRXZ

WRXZ

Lucas oil stabilizer? Empty
PostSubject: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:22 am

Ever run it in your bike, I have a little left over thinking of putting it in the bike. What do you think? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:31 pm

I just use a good oil, shouldnt need any additives, but you could be the one to try it and let us know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: Snake oil?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 6:24 pm

That sounds like something from the 1970s. Wr's don't need it but if you're going to do it then please let us know.
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 am

I realize it doesn't need it, just happened to have a little bit left over. My only concern is possible clutch slip but I don't think it will as its a pure petroleum product. I'm gonna give it a go and will posts results here. BTW I only use yamalube dino every 1500.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:11 am

I know in the old days 60,s 70,s the oil wasnt that great, but now they seem to have all the addatives in them, I just use castrol 10-40 and have no problems, clutch works great, I do mine about every 1500 or 2000 miles depending on where im riding. cheer`s
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: more's law (sic), vitamin supplements etc..   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:58 am

WRXZ wrote:
I realize it doesn't need it.

You know what, I feel like being a bit firmer than the other posters.
You answered your own question - if you acknowledge that something isn't necessary then the chances are there is no 'upside' to your action therefore please leave your poor motorcycle alone and give the stuff to someone who needs it. thumb
Back to top Go down
WRXZ

WRXZ

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:14 am

Appreciate the input, you guys are probably right if it aint broke don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 7:01 pm

It's bad for wet clutches. Most oil additives like that have friction modifiers that slip and burn out the clutch faster. Don't do it. Maybe lucas upper cylinder lube if you want some more protection. You put that in the gas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucas oil stabilizer?   Lucas oil stabilizer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucas oil stabilizer?
Page 1 of 1