Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? Empty
PostSubject: An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?   An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi Folks

I'm contemplating a Auxiliary LED light bar on the WRR . i already have one on another bike {3 years now} which is 54 watt 3780 lumen...link HERE which i use for off road and as a daytime running light
In this case i route highbeam thumb switch power to a two pole toggle switch so that i have three choices when the "bike OEM thumb switch" is on high beam

high beam thumb switch on...

toggle switch up = stock headlight
toggle switch down= LED Aux light
toggle switch in center= no headlight or aux light

when the bike OEM thumb switch is moved to low beam..  well its the bikes low beam in all situations.

it looks like this...

An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? 15272325822_347ab44a74_cthe sun by freewillieklr, on Flickr

Ok thats the back ground on LED light bars on other rides... horse  

->THIS<- is the 5040 Lumen unit i am planning for the WRR installation the only thing preventing me from pulling the trigger is the simple wait for the CDN dollar to raise a bit from the %#&!ing 80 cent USD mark GAHHHH .
I am undecided to mount the headlight above or below the stock head light location. Does anyone on the site have a LED light bar on a WR if so.. how about some pictures

Last edited by rarepartbuilder on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the flogging the dead horse...)
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?   An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 5:10 pm

I dont have a light bar but theres no room for it under the stock light so thats not an option, it has to go above it.

Those light bars are crazy bright, you probley cant tell its dark out when riding after dark with that light. poser2

I never seam to ride much after dark so im happy with the stock light.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?   An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 7:02 pm

My night riding mindset changed a bit after installing a light bar.Its less daunting thinking you "need" to get back from a moderate terrain DS ride at dusk.

The bike in the picture had the OEM "fixed"  fairing made movable with the forks and  raised 3 " to accommodate the light bar . I doubt anything i get for the WR would be plug and play.. but it would be nice to see some of the Kamikaze setups here on wr250r/x forums...sometimes just one pictures provides a lot of idea's.
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?   An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:03 am

It would be easier to mount 2 smaller lights off the side of the forks right under the signal lights.

We put a 27 watt led tractor 30 degree spot light, its about 4 x 4 and 40 bucks, on my brothers older klx(gutting and replacing the stock super dim light), its really bright and all I need for night rides, having two of them would be way more than enough for trail riding in the dark.

If you dont mind the high price theres some crazy bright small led lights that are easy to mount, there called adv monsters or some thing like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?   An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250? Empty

Back to top Go down

An Auxiliary LED light bar on a WR250?
Page 1 of 1