Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Need skills

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
YZEtc

YZEtc

Need skills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:53 am

You'd "feel a little dumb" for wearing a suit made for motorcycling?
Ever slid down pavement, before?
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:35 am

YZEtc wrote:
You'd "feel a little dumb" for wearing a suit made for motorcycling?
Ever slid down pavement, before?

As a matter of fact yes, I have slid down pavement before. Since I was only thinking of going to a parking lot or secluded area to practice slow or low speed wheelies and such I didn't think it would be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:54 pm

Personally, I'd still wear my gear.
That doesn't mean you have to, but I'm rather attached to my skin and I'd like to keep it that way.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 5:57 am

Well, I am definitely going to wear gear. I have several moto jackets, boots, gloves, helmet, back protector.....
I was just debating with myself if I needed to wear a full leather race suit.

Do not worry, I will not be this guy.

Need skills - Page 2 Moto_s10
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 3:43 pm

So I got out there this past weekend and when trying to get the rear end to slide by downshifting, all I got was a bunch of chatter or hopping of the rear wheel. What am I doing wrong?

Wheelies: I can get the front up for a bit in first and tried second but I think it's the fear of rolling back that keeps me from getting the front up too high. I guess practice and a few wipeouts is all I need. I'd like to find a grass field to practice in vs. a parking lot though.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 3:48 pm

I was using the front brake but not very much and I was sitting towards the front of the seat. Maybe more front brake to get more weight transfer?.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:34 pm

How fast were you going?
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:28 am

I was getting up to 35-40 before shifting my weight forward and downshifting. I know I wasn't applying much front break.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 4:59 am

You'd probably need to be on a race track and really hustling it and being late with your braking - like you were racing somebody.
My advice?
Don't be too worried about that stuff if you're not on the track.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:37 am

Well I'm just trying to get better at handling my bike and so sliding the rear, wheelies, stoppies, etc... would be nice to be able to do. I am also practicing slow handling/maneuvering as well.
I think I'll get the RSM stunt clutch if it has a lighter feel. My hand was hurting after a while of just doing some slow maneuvers.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 pm

Dirt bike... :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need skills   Need skills - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need skills
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2