Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Dashboard setup?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
doc_simple

doc_simple

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi all,

I finished mounting my Easton Woods bars with handguards and grips. Now I need to mount either a phone or gps and maybe one of those snazzy Trailtech Voyagers. Anyone have suggestions on mounting hardware, if the Votager is useful as a stand alone gps, should I get one of those little accessory bars and can a white wine be acceptable with steak?

Ok, ok. We all know the answer to that last one is drink beer. dutch

Thanks

doc
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:21 pm

I installed a Voyager on my KTM 450 EXC and I currently have a Garmin Montana that I use on all my bikes.

The Voyager is a nice all in one unit but has limitations as a GPS. When I was using it on my 450 I was mainly using it to lay some 'bread crumbs' out as I was exploring. On a couple of rides I actually load up some GPX files to follow. The issue with the Voyager is when you come to a spot that you thought went through that didn't or when you need to find the nearest gas station. You really cannot navigate on the fly with the unit unless you have preloaded everything.

The Montana is nice because it gives you the flexibility to navigate on the fly if you run into trouble or just want to find another route. Use that with Basecamp (We are learning to play nice together - not exactly the most user friendly software that is out there) and it works out pretty well.

My buddy usually runs two or three GPS's at once on his bike. I always thought that did not make any sense but after navigating a couple of DS rides I understand why he does it. It is nice to keep one GPS zoomed in tight in the area that you are riding and at least one other zoomed out for the big picture. That allows you to make some pretty quick decisions when it comes to changing a route up. You can do the same thing on one GPS but you have to constantly zoom out and back in to get an idea of what is going on.

I just picked up a 2011 TE250 one owner bike with 281 miles on it. I am planning to use this bike for woods riding up in the GA, NC, and TN mountains in a base camp type scenario. This means I generally won't be carrying much on the bike and I would like to keep things to a minimum. In this case I think the Voyager would be the ideal unit to have since most of the riding will be exploring the various FS roads and trails. Generally most rides tend to be under 60 or 70 miles and start and stop from camp.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:52 pm

here is mine

Dashboard setup? IMG_0902_zpsa277e7a6

Dashboard setup? IMG_0906_zps143676af

Dashboard setup? IMG_0903_zps37bfe24d
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:25 pm

Two B's what is that thing on the left? I guess your using helmet speakers on Bluetooth?
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:47 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
Two B's what is that thing on the left? I guess your using helmet speakers on Bluetooth?

Garmin Zumo 660 on left, its loaded with MP3's but I listen mostly to the SiriusXM radio on right and on the front brake res is the Sirius Antenna. I have helmet speakers and use a coiled cord.

Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Looks like a GPS to me, but we'll see what he says... Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dashboard setup? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashboard setup?   Dashboard setup? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dashboard setup?
Page 1 of 1