Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache

Go down 
+3
DWK
martin_nj
dogshmog
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dogshmog

Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache Empty
PostSubject: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 4:28 pm

This system is the biggest headache of a product I have ever used. I installed a brand new Tubliss Gen 2 on BRAND NEW D606 tires. I have a slow leak that comes and goes on the front tire. I did the re-seat procedure, leak stopped!... For about an hour. I am now trying to get the system off, to reinstall tubes, and it's impossible to hook the tire bead without grabbing the Tubliss liner underneath. I feel like an idiot for buying this system that relies on two 60" seals. What a total PITA... save your money and buy HD tubes. I now have a huge 11mm hole drilled in my rims that I need to fill, and I still need to get the tire off...

Last edited by dogshmog on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dogshmog

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 9:06 pm

Well... got the tire off, and there was a very small scuff on the inside bead. baldy This system is a good concept, but it really needs a matching tire design to go with it. The scuff was nearly imperceptible... The system is holding air in the back for the time being, but it's coming off ASAP. Once I got the tire off the wheel, I had an HD tube in and back on the bike in under 15 minutes. I am very upset, because this product basically promises the moon, and has a very big achilles heal. If your install is not 100% perfect, it leaks. I spent hours futzing with these things, only to go back to tried and true tubes. Not to mention the off balance wobble/shaking of the rim locks. Ridiculous...
Back to top Go down
martin_nj

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:57 am

thanks for sharing your real world experience!

in the lab when they have brand new wheels and everything shiny and clean doesn't always match up to the real world
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:16 pm

I've been running tubliss for 3 years, on multiple bikes and you couldn't make me go back to tubes. I have had one tire that was a little stubborn, I simply left the inner liner pressured up overnight and the liner/tire conformed to each other and life was good.
Back to top Go down
DWK

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 3:10 am

My experience with Tubliss has also been a lot more favorable than the OP's.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Dave
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:42 am

So this tubliss system looks to basically use a Road Bike tire to hold a high amount of pressure inside of a dirt tire which then also holds air. Seems kinda silly. On mountain bikes a Tubless system is actually tubeless without any thing inside of the tire other than some Slime to plug any potential punctures.
There's a rim strip to seal the rim and the tires are made to hold the air. You still want to check pressures from eventual leaks but still it seems like a much better way to go. Why can't Dirt bike rims be sealed the same way?
Back to top Go down
4play

4play

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:03 am

The rim strip does not seal the rim, it only protects the high pressure tube from the spokes. The reason this system is prefered to a conventional tubless setup it the 360 degree rim clam allowing very low air pressures when the conditions require it. I have run hwy speeds in a flat front to get back to the truck with no worries. The tire will not come off the rim.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:14 am

4play wrote:
The rim strip does not seal the rim, it only protects the high pressure tube from the spokes. The reason this system is prefered to a conventional tubless setup it the 360 degree rim clam allowing very low air pressures when the conditions require it. I have run hwy speeds in a flat front to get back to the truck with no worries. The tire will not come off the rim.

I understand the benefits. When I mentioned the rim strip I was still talking about Mountain Bike applications.
It is the same principal with Mountain Bike tubeless setups. Running tubeless allows you to run much lower pressures for better traction, no more pinch flats, etc...
Again, I just don't understand why it cannot be done the same way a mountain bike system works, a rim strip, some sealant, and a valve. Voila, it seems to be a much simpler set up and less cost.
Back to top Go down
WolfpackFBNS

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:17 am

http://www.notubes.com/help/index.aspx?video=3

Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:02 pm

WolfpackFBNS wrote:

Again, I just don't understand why it cannot be done the same way a mountain bike system works, a rim strip, some sealant, and a valve. Voila, it seems to be a much simpler set up and less cost.

It can be done that way, a bunch of guys on advrider have done it to their adventure bikes.

Its not a good set up for off road riding on a light bike like the WRR tho.

With no rim lock at all or a tube helping keep the tire on the rim you need to run 20 plus psi to keep the tire on the rim and running that much air in the tires sucks off road.

The tubliss system allows you to run super low psi (3-5 with stiff tires) off raod for super traction, thats its key feature IMO.
Back to top Go down
abchel

abchel

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache EmptyMon Apr 06, 2015 11:02 pm

I run tubeless on my WR250R and never had a problem!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache   Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy TUBLISS now, if you want a massive headache
Page 1 of 1