Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mnrider

Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ???? Empty
PostSubject: Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????   Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ???? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 11:09 pm

I need help, I ride in the woods alot and I need boots. I think I've got it narrowed down to the Gaerne GX 1 and the Fox Comp 5 boots. I like the under $200 price range. Can anyone give me any insight on either of these. I've never rode with boots but I know it's the right thing to do. I've often hit rocks and tree branches and I've gotten lucky. Please hurry, I'm looking to make a move very soon :)
Back to top Go down
tread55

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????   Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ???? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 12:28 am

I can't offer any help on the Fox boot but I received a pair of the gx1's just yesterday. I haven't had a chance to ride in them yet but the build quality, fit, finish and appearance are all great. I was in a similar situation as you, where I was starting to get into more off roadriding and wanted more protection than my Danner boots could provide. I went with the gaernes based largely on this Atomic Moto review.
https://www.atomic-moto.com/Gaerne-GX-1-Boot_p_82.html

One of my major concerns was width. I have moderately wide feet and the gaernes fit very comfortably. I'm hoping to get a ride in them this weekend and see if they are as comfortable and supportive on the bike as they are around the house.  I guess all I can really add is that I am extremely impressed with the gx1 and feel like they exceed their price. They really feel like a quality piece of kit. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Brent
Back to top Go down
Gath3r13

Gath3r13

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????   Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ???? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 8:35 am

I spent to many hours looking into riding boots.
I liked the price of the Gaerne GX 1 as well.

I then went to a store and tried a pair on. I also tried a pair of the Gaerne G-React, and the SG 10.
The comfort of the G-Reacts and SG 10's were so nice compared to the GX-1.

I know the quality of the Gearne boots would most likely last me forever. So I figured I would look into the G-Reacts because they were more comfortable and having a hinged boot at the ankle (though only on one side on the G-Reacts) makes walking, or pulling the bike out of a hole, alot easier.

I ended finding the G-Reacts for $240.00. For the $60.00 extra, it was entirely worth it. I had to wait a bit and keep searching for deals, but I'm glad I did.

I add zero to your original question but for quality, get the Gaerne. And if you plan on keeping them forever, look for deals on a pair with a hinged ankle.

^^in my opinion :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????   Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaerne GX 1 VS Fox Comp 5 ????
Page 1 of 1