Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Customizing my WRR

Go down 
+9
mcdoudlehopper
N8
rsteiger
Atomist
blusmoke
Evol
rarepartbuilder
Biglake
YZEtc
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Customizing my WRR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:35 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:34 am

traveller.....needpics of all these farkles landing on that baby.

also with the 30mm bar riser did you have to re-route any control cables..etc? I read through the thread but didnt notice any comment on problems/changes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:59 pm

Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:37 am

lurk .....thumb  Zeta grips look the best of all aftermarket units I’ve viewed on the WR ..The  spark arrestor change makes great sense..I can't imagine the flow dynamics of the gasses when the pipe is almost bumped up against the S A end cap. {to bad someone wouldn’t water jet cut a stock muffler unit lengthwise down the center to see what other area's are chocked off}
EDIT: OMG that bare ground looks good... Pray
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:37 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
{to bad someone wouldn’t water jet cut a stock muffler unit lengthwise down the center to see what other area's are chocked off}

Like this? 
Customizing my WRR - Page 2 Wrm01

And for what it's worth...

Customizing my WRR - Page 2 Wre02
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 7:43 am

Oh my goodness,,.. lurk a WR250ectomy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 am

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:25 am

thanks for the follow up. /.. i think i'll pull the back off the muffler to see what the cunuck version looks like..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:55 pm

Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:04 am

What is the thickness of the new windshield?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blusmoke

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 5:39 pm

Hey traveller, nice work on the new end cap, I really like how it makes your exhaust look! Did you have to make a new flange or did you reuse the existing one? Did you put the spark arrestor screen back over it?

I actually cut open my exhaust not too long ago for exploration purposes, before I had my new phone sorry I don't have any pics of the procedure. Our american mufflers differ a bit from the JDM ones. Mine at least did not have that Huge ceramic cat convertor pictured in the cross section, instead it had a small metallic one about a third of the size. I believe rstieger could confirm this as he mentioned removing his.

I decided to leave mine intact just incase it aids in exhaust velocity and instead remove the "baffles". There is really not a lot going on in there and is relatively "high flow", it's essentially only a 2 chamber muffler. there is a half plate positioned just after the cat the exhaust must go around before reaching the plate with the perforated tube that is visible with end cap removed. Since i cut my exhaust open at the seam just aft the cat I was easily able to take a hole saw bit and remove most of the half plate, and then remove the perforated tube from the second plate, this produces a straight thru shot from the cat. Without the perforated tube the end cap diameter is the only real restriction.

The noise output has slightly increased and sounds much deeper. Though nobody has complained yet, in fact three of my coworkers genuinely seemed puzzled when I asked if my bike is loud. I am currently running a map for a leo vince w/spark arrestor which is a non repack-able/baffled performance exhaust. The bike is responding really well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2015 9:51 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 10:35 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 2:49 pm

Last edited by Traveller on Mon May 22, 2017 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Customizing my WRR   Customizing my WRR - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Customizing my WRR
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sweet Mods & Bike Accessories-
Jump to: