Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New WR250R rider

Go down 
+2
KiLLeRrKeN
satoumasaaki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
satoumasaaki

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 pm

hi everybody! I just picked up my 2013 WR today!!! It's a tall bike for me but with lowering link and lowering front forks so I can do tippy toes. I could only ride a few miles today because of rain. I love the feeling of engine, suspension and body. It's such a good looking bike with quality!!!

I already bought cycra's hand guards to install this week. Next target is flatland skid plate. I'm gonna go in dirt first time this spring! What else I need to get to get ready for woods and dirt? Any recommendations are appreciated!

Masaaki from Brooklyn NY
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

pretty sure I saw this post of FB lol. Welcome and congrats on your bike:]
Back to top Go down
Zoltan

Zoltan

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: New rider   New WR250R rider EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 pm

Congrats on the recent purchase.  I did the same thing and purchased a yamalink.   If you do off road riding, you may want to put the original back on and set your suspension.  I went back to the original link. Mine broke in nice and I'm able to put both feet (tippie toes) on the ground.
Back to top Go down
bikeboy

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:07 am

welcome you will need to get a bash plate
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:58 pm

The stock tires are Junk. amazon Rode mine for the first year and changed them. Depends how much your gonna ride off road. OH, and -be careful in sand. wink
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:03 pm

Brush guards are a good idea. The first time you drop your bike, your levers are gonna bend and maybe break.
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/zeta-armor-handguard/157

Here's a random picture

New WR250R rider Feflor10
Back to top Go down

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:22 pm

satoumasaaki wrote:
hi everybody! I just picked up my 2013 WR today!!! It's a tall bike for me but with lowering link and lowering front forks so I can do tippy toes. I could only ride a few miles today because of rain. I love the feeling of engine, suspension and body. It's such a good looking bike with quality!!!

I already bought cycra's hand guards to install this week. Next target is flatland skid plate. I'm gonna go in dirt first time this spring! What else I need to get to get ready for woods and dirt? Any recommendations are appreciated!

Masaaki from Brooklyn NY

The basics - adjust bike to fit your body. Handlebar angle, brake and clutch levers, brake and gear shift levers. This will make controlling the bike much easier. Adjust the rear sag and front and rear damping. Search this site for instructions.

Mods
#1 - Gear it down! This bike is just geared too high for dirt, or street for that matter. I've been riding for over 40 years and I killed mine several times before gearing it down. It is quite critical. The less street you ride, the lower to gear it... Easy fix is to install a smaller front sprocket.

Might consider removing the stock mirrors. When you fall, if the mirror takes a hit it can break the clutch perch, which makes the bike difficult to ride. For offroad it's better to have mirrors that attach to the bars separately so they can snap off without breaking anything else.

Skid plate, radiator guard and rear disc guard (shark fin). Depends on the type of riding. If there are big rocks, trees, logs, etc. near or on the trail, better get some protection. If the trails are groomed, maybe not needed.

Luggage. I got a rear rack, but since then I got some enduro saddlebags for my dirt bike and I like them a lot better. The nice thing about saddlebags for dirt riding is they don't get in the way of your leg when doing a quick dismount. Sometimes it is necessary to do a quick dismount... I'm talking about the Wolfman Enduro, Wolfman E12, or Giant Loop Mojavi. Yes they are expensive, but they will hold tools, a jacket, lunch, and maybe some water too and you won't have to wear a heavy backpack.

Back to top Go down
BCRider

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider EmptyWed May 13, 2015 12:47 pm

dhally wrote:
Luggage.  I got a rear rack, but since then I got some enduro saddlebags for my dirt bike and I like them a lot better.  The nice thing about saddlebags for dirt riding is they don't get in the way of your leg when doing a quick dismount.  Sometimes it is necessary to do a quick dismount...  I'm talking about the Wolfman Enduro, Wolfman E12, or Giant Loop Mojavi.  Yes they are expensive, but they will hold tools, a jacket, lunch, and maybe some water too and you won't have to wear a heavy backpack.  

Agreed, the Wolfman daytrippers are great bags, but say goodbye to your nice plastics if you put them on.. one ride and you'll never see that nice white/blue underneath again. Scuffs brown and shitty!
Think I'm going to paint my plastics a dark colour now since putting the saddle bags on, so the carnage isn't so visible when I've got the bags off the bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New WR250R rider Empty
PostSubject: Re: New WR250R rider   New WR250R rider Empty

Back to top Go down

New WR250R rider
Page 1 of 1