Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Spline difference????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lillriko

Spline difference???? Empty
PostSubject: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:54 pm

Can anyone tell me if the spline for the drive sprocket on a 2012 wr250r is different than the one on a 2015 wr250r? My local shop says the part# is different. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:53 pm

When I looked up Renthal sprockets they dont list a year, just the model, WR250R and the number of teeth, so I dont think theres any differance, hope someone else`s knows for sure, cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Lillriko

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:01 pm

I purchased the one for the 2012 anyway. I'll update the post later to see if it fit or not. Thanks for the reply Fiftygrit!
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Lillriko wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the spline for the drive sprocket on a 2012 wr250r is different than the one on a 2015 wr250r? My local shop says the part# is different. Thanks.

I am no expert but I doubt it is any different. Also a check for the parts doesn't show it as different. Take a look at the parts break down and I am looking at the part tagged 10. Is this the part you need?
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/0

Spline difference???? <a href=Spline difference???? 201210" />

Spline difference???? <a href=Spline difference???? 201510" />
Back to top Go down
Lillriko

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 pm

speersie wrote:
Lillriko wrote:

I am no expert but I doubt it is any different. Also a check for the parts doesn't show it as different. Take a look at the parts break down and I am looking at the part tagged 10. Is this the part you need?
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/0

Spline difference???? <a href=Spline difference???? 201210" />

Spline difference???? <a href=Spline difference???? 201510" />
Not the part I need, but the part in question.  I am not sure that the drive sprocket from a 2012 will fit the 2015. Aftermarket parts book list a different part number for the drive sprocket on a 2013-2015.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 pm

Sprockets are the same. There is a post of what other bikes are the same.
Back to top Go down
Lillriko

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:24 pm

speersie wrote:
Sprockets are the same. There is a post of what other bikes are the same.
Thank you. I will search for that post!
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Lillriko wrote:

Don't know what parts catalogue somebody at the dealer looked at, or for what model motorcycle, but the parts catalogues on Yamaha Motor Corp., USA's own consumer website shows the very same part number for the 2008 WR250R and 2015 WR250R front sprockets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spline difference????   Spline difference???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Spline difference????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum :: Technical :: Sprockets and Chains-
Jump to: