Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Lens New canvas

Go down 
+2
Fiftygrit
mcdoudlehopper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:09 am

My 2015 waiting for mods...
Lens New canvas 757d0411
Lens New canvas 5d54df10
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:21 am

Ooh So shiny! congrats
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:53 am

Yup very nice but way too clean hahaha
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Thanks guys... will work on getting her dirty soon...lol
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 2:00 pm

nice DOF in the first shot. What lens and Camera?

Oh, congrats on the new bike  thumb

this shot was with a Canon SL1 and its 18-55 kit lens. f5.6 1/80s
Check out how sharp the WRR is. It looks like it was added later, lots of light made that shot
Lens New canvas IMG_0930_zpskxdxt23k
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 6:36 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
nice DOF in the first shot. What lens and Camera?

Oh, congrats on the new bike  thumb

this shot was with a Canon SL1 and its 18-55 kit lens. f5.6 1/80s
Check out how sharp the WRR is. It looks like it was added later, lots of light made that shot
Lens New canvas IMG_0930_zpskxdxt23k

Thanks...
Nice Shot!! SL1 wow, can you imagine what the new 50 Meg 5D can do
I just switched to Nikon from my long beloved 20D that got wasted in a fire,, wanted to try full frame for my replacement, first choice was the 5d m3 but the spec hasn't changed since 2012.... so enter the Nikon D810..they had some crazy specials during the holidays that put this body in the range of the 5d price...by a couple hundred... so off I go to Nikon land.....and a couple of prime lenses (now I'm broke).. No regrets though
shots were taken with a 50mm 1.8 (midline canon just below the gold stripe 1.4)

looked at your shot again... thought at first you had a off cam flash.. was it the snow reflecting?
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:28 pm

I started with a D60 then a 40D body. then I wanted the little Rebel SL1 to carry when ATVing and riding the dirt bike. I have a 50mm 1.8 that stopped focusing. I have a 40mm pancake and two "L" lens. 17-55 f4 and a 70-200. But I can't believe the color and sharpness of the SL1 with the kit lens 18-55IS.
It's funny using the 70-200 with the mini body of the SL1.

That shot above was without a flash, just lots of light from the snow
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:24 am

Ok.. added the skid plate and some Zeta hand guards last night.. (little disappointed with the quality on the Zeta)
took her to construction site (hell it's the closest uneven dirt that I have,, rangers might not like it if I rode the beach)... Starting to like her

Lens New canvas A1290910
little buzz around the neighborhood

Lens New canvas F38b0c10
Back shortly.. got cold
Brake modulator on it's way.. Then after that I think those orange dumbo ears are next on the list..
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 12:34 am

TwoBuells wrote:
I started with a D60 then a 40D body. then I wanted the little Rebel SL1 to carry when ATVing and riding the dirt bike. I have a 50mm 1.8 that stopped focusing. I have a 40mm pancake and two "L" lens. 17-55 f4 and a 70-200. But I can't believe the color and sharpness of the SL1 with the kit lens 18-55IS.
It's funny using the 70-200 with the mini body of the SL1.

That shot above was without a flash, just lots of light from the snow

Yeah love it when there's a ton of available light.. just started liking flash recently and learning....so much flexibility.. don't know why I never got into it sooner.... expense was probably the reason
Makes sense with a smaller body,, lugging the 810 with 1 lens locally wasn't to horrible..can't imagine for a entire day though.. Was thinking about a mirrorless body to lug on longer days when prices drop some.. I've been following their trends and they're pretty amazing bodies same features in a point and shoot size
Back to top Go down
BlueNightRider

BlueNightRider

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:15 pm

@leo167

Looks awesome. Looking at getting those zeta hand guards and skid plate as well. I've heard the plates are great but how about the hand guards? Any feedback? Sharp bike.
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 pm

BlueNightRider wrote:
@leo167

Looks awesome. Looking at getting those zeta hand guards and skid plate as well. I've heard the plates are great but how about the hand guards? Any feedback? Sharp bike.

Sorry Blue.. just saw this
Skid plate adds a nice look and I doubt where I ride will test it.. but always liked the look of bash plates
As members noted it does add a loud metallic / clanging noise, could barely heard the engine, when on the throttle....which I hopefully fixed last night, with gasket material to isolate from where it contacts the frame and some dense closed cell foam to absorb sound instead of reflecting it (no chance to test yet, will report when I do, on that thread )
The Zeta's are a different story they look really good but for the price could be better functionally
the right side mounted weird, the end of the lever was much, much closer to the aluminum guard and believe me I tried every possible way to try and match the left.. no success
Also after the final adjust and buttoning everything down..I lost my footing and went off balance, thankfully I was close to my garage wall and prevented it from going all the way down,,it wasn't a slight bump but no where near the force if I would of dropped it completely.... it did shift the assembly bending my brake lever and maybe even the guard... but blaming the mounting provisions that it came with rather than the structure but not really sure its hard to guage the bend since its a left and right specific
So in the real world I don't think these will do much
If I would of known about the HDB kit I would of purchased those instead
Back to top Go down
BlueNightRider

BlueNightRider

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Leo167 wrote:
BlueNightRider wrote:
@leo167

Sorry Blue.. just saw this
Skid plate adds a nice look and I doubt where I ride will test it.. but always liked the look of bash plates
As members noted it does add a loud metallic / clanging noise, could barely heard the engine, when on the throttle....which I hopefully fixed last night, with gasket material to isolate from where it contacts the frame and some dense closed cell foam to absorb sound instead of reflecting it (no chance to test yet, will report when I do, on that thread )
The Zeta's are a different story they look really good but for the price could be better functionally
the right side mounted weird, the end of the lever was much, much closer to the aluminum guard and believe me I tried every possible way to try and match the left.. no success
Also after the final adjust and buttoning everything down..I lost my footing and went off balance, thankfully I was close to my garage wall and prevented it from going all the way down,,it wasn't a slight bump but no where near the force if I would of dropped it completely.... it did shift the assembly bending my brake lever and maybe even the guard... but blaming the mounting provisions that it came with rather than the structure but not really sure its hard to guage the bend since its a left and right specific
So in the real world I don't think these will do much
If I would of known about the HDB kit I would of purchased those instead  

Great, thanks. The Zeta look sharp but when I went on their site, they did seem to look like they mounted on in a way that didn't offer max strength and security to the hand guards themselves. I hadn't even heard of the HDB kit until you mentioned them, but they are NICE. I gotta check those out. Really appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Werloc

Werloc

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:34 pm

Leo167 wrote:
My 2015 waiting for mods...
Lens New canvas 757d0411
Lens New canvas 5d54df10

Ha, It ain't so clean anymore.....Very happy
Back to top Go down
Leo167

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Nah.. still pretty clean
Lens New canvas Bike310

Lens New canvas Bike110

Lens New canvas Bike210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lens New canvas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lens New canvas   Lens New canvas Empty

Back to top Go down

Lens New canvas
Page 1 of 1